🌸Pinklady flowers🌸~another side story~

Hey guys we are still WERKIN on the final chapter and new Plance au book
Hope you guys like these side stories!

This is a KATT story and it's before they were dating!
Keith's prov

I was pacing the outside of the palace near the entrance gate near the gardens exit keeping watch. It was my turn for night duty, guarding the palace gates at night is a knight's nightmare !
1.It's cold, I hate the cold
2. You can hear wild animals, I may be a trained night but the noises kind of freak me out
And 3. It's the most likely time of attack.

I hate this shift, but I hate it a lot less Now.

"Oh crap!"
*crashing of gardening tools*
I hear the voice of the palace guarder, Matt, who had recently been hired.
He's quite the entertaining guy, this shift was so boring before he was hired. And I'm not
gunna lie,he's not bad looking either...ok he's adorable I'll admit it.

"Hey are you alright?"
I ask the gardener, who is laying on the ground cover in dirt and uprooted flowers.

"OH! I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb you Knight! Sorry I'll be more careful from now!"
He began to talk to himself.

"God I'm so clumsy! Thats so not cool, and just had to do that in front of a Royal knight AND in the middle of my first week! god!"

"Hahaha"
I let out a lingering laugh.

"Hey don't sweat it Matt, trust me I wasn't the Knight I am today during my first few days."
I say trying to calm him down, he seems nervous.

"You know my name?"
Asks Matt.

'Oh crap we've never met so it does sound kinda WIERD that I know his name...'

"OH sorry! I'm the prince's aid, and a right hand man of sorts. In other words I help in hiring those who want to work here, I read you resume and thought you were perfect for the garden and voted for you to be hired."

"Well I guess it's you who I have to thank, so thank you-"

"Keith! Names Keith!"
I say a little to enthusiastically for my taste, and to be honest I'm not usually this friendly with others Ive just met, it's odd?

"Well, thank you Keith."
Matt bows his head.

"Oh there's no need for that Matt we're equals here, the kings make sure everyone here is treated with respect. knight or maid, we are all treated equally."

I just then realize Matt is still on the dirty ground covered in his tools and plants.
I reach out my hand to help him up.

Matt prov

'He's giving me his hand! I'm just an idiot! So uncool! I had to be seen like this by the cutest Knight here OH MY HECK'

Ever since I had arrived at the castle The knight with the raven hair caught my eye. Until I saw him my heart never felt like this for another guy, but something about him, literally just the way he looked makes me nervous, and now talking with him and seeing how sweet he is IM GOING TO DIE! HE PROBABLY THINKS IM JUST A COMMONER! I'm such a joke I have no chance with this guy.

I take his hands hoping he doesn't notice how sweaty mine are.

"Thanks a lot."

I say with a chatter of my teeth. A brisk breeze swept by and blew right through me. All I was wearing was my garnering uniform and it was thin, made for day time when it was warm.

"Cold? Here."
Keith hands me his cloak and wraps it around my shoulders.

"O-oh you don't have to!" *sneeze*

"Don't want the royal gardener to catch a cold, that reminds me why do you come out here at night your the only gardener I know that does this...why?"
Keith asks

"Oh, well some may not believe it, but some flowers like to be planted at night, that way they live longer. If you do what the flower wants, then they'll turn out prettier."

Oh god that sounded so nerdy.

"I mean...well....it prob not true but I-"
I try to save myself but...

"That's so sweet. You care for the flowers so deeply, its beautiful."
He takes a moment and then grins
"That's it I'm the best at hiring people!"
Keith chants.
I blush from the complement.

"Well thanks for the cloak, your sure you won't need it?"

"No I'm fine I...I like the cold"

Keith's prov

I don't know why I say this, maybe to sound cool, maybe to put his mind at ease that I won't be cold, but whatever the reason I don't care. I'd walk around in the snow with only my boxers if it meant I could keep taking to this guy.

"What kind of flowers are those?"
I point to the pale pink flowers covering the ground.

"Their pinkladies. like I said some flowers like to be planted at night, and these are one of them."

I pick up one of the flowers and smell it.

"Their so pretty."

Matt prov

I could die from beauty right now. The cutest knight holding the cutest little flower. I can die happy now. He's kind of like a pink lady flower...ok that sounds weird.

"I feel like I can relate to them"
Keith says

"Huh?"

"I mean they only one out at night, they seem like very private, introverted flower. I can relate. Haha"

His laugh sends my heart fluttering.

"Oh, well you two will make great friends."

We both let out laughter and spend about another hour talking about nonsense and ended up sitting against the gold gates of the palace.

Keiths prov

"It getting late and it almost time for me to switch with another knight I can walk you back-"
I feel a weight on my should and realize Matt has fallen asleep on my shoulder.

"So cute."
I whisper.

I stay like this till the other Knight takes my place. She asked me what I was doing with the gardener but I brushed it off.

"Just keep guard my duties over have fun."
The female knight lets out a laugh.

"Oh! I think it's you who's having fun."
She winks pointing to the unconscious Matt laying in my arms bridal style.

"Oh shut up!"
I rush off with a blush covering my cheeks.

Time skip-

I didn't know where Matt sleeps so I brought him to my room and laid him on my bed and I took the couch in the corner.

'He's probably gunna freak when he wakes up.'

I think to myself as I dose off to sleep.

Matt prov

'He called me cute!"

And here's a shameless promo
Follow me @ _cmlubeck_  on insta I doodle and would love ya'll's suggestions!! And I'll ask Dani if she wants to be @'ed