Part XVIII

Staring at the card in your hand, you couldn't help but smile and no matter how many times you tell your self to stop smiling you just can't. Then you remember you haven't called Tom yet to say thank you. Pulling out your phone, Jude took it from your hand.

"What are you doing?" He asked waving your phone.

"I'm going to call Tom to say thank you." You honestly answered.

Jude gave you a disapproving gaze "No, you will not. He will call you."

"How sure are you?" You asked arching a brow "And I don't want to be rude."

"[Y/N], Darling, how many times should I tell you to trust me." Jude said leaning a bit and holding your phone up "give it another hour and he will call."

"What if you are wrong?"

"That's why we are giving him an hour."

Then your phone started to ring, you and Jude looked at each other. Seeing the caller id, it was Tom. There was a proud smile on Jude's face

"I told you,"

"Let me answer that." You said trying to get your phone back.

"In one condition, if he asks you out say no or you already have a plan, that you're not sure if you can cancel." Jude seriously said.

"Fine," you said giving in then Jude answer the call, put it on speaker before giving it back.

"[Y/N]" Tom greeted.

"Tom, hi." you greeted back.

"Hi" Tom repeated. You looked at Jude who rolled his eyes.

"By the way, I got your flowers. They are lovely, thank you."

"Glad you like it," Tom said smiling to himself "So, I was thinking, are you free later?" he asked.

"What?" you said in a surprised tone.

"Well, I am asking if you are free tonight," Tom repeated.

"How did you.." you mouthed looking at Jude who was smirking "Ahm, Tom" you started and Jude was signaling you to decline but you want to be with Tom. Jude seems to read your mind because he was frowning at you "I'm sorry but I'm not sure what time we'll finish and they may ask me to change something on the script."

"Oh" Tom mumbled and you can tell that he was disappointed. This breaks your heart.

You looked at Jude with pleading eyes but he stood still with his rule and mouthed "Just trust me."

Taking a deep breath, you tried your best to sound positive "Maybe next time."

"Sure, maybe I can cook for you." Tom suddenly feel energetic "You cooked for me the last time so, it is my turn."

"Alright," you said smiling.

"So, how are you? How's filming? Are you enjoying the experience?" Tom continued to ask.

"Alright, hold your horses. I can only answer one question at a time," you said giggling.

"I'm sorry," Tom responded, "We have not talked for a while and I just want to know how are you doing."

"Well, I am great." You honestly answered, felting the sincerity in Tom's voice "I can't believe that schedule can be this hectic yet fun. Now I understand why you love the world of filming."

"It is pretty magical." He stated.

Then there was silence, it was not awkward or uneasy silence, it is actually comforting. Both of you were smiling and in love.

"[Y/N]!" one of the crew called you.

"Tom, I'm sorry but I have to go," you said.

"No, it is fine. Take care, darling." Tom sweetly said.

"You too," you said before hanging up.

"You too," Jude said mimicking you.

"Shut up." you playfully pushed you "But seriously, how did you know that he will call?"

"[Y/N], I'm a guy. I know how a man thinks and how to get their attention." Jude pointed out.

"But not all men are the same."

"I know but they all have one in common."

"What is it?" you asked.

"They all have balls." Jude joked, laughing on his own joke.

"That is so lame," you said rolling your eyes.

You still couldn't believe that Jude was correct with everything. Maybe, this plan of his will work and you just need to trust him.

Walking to your front door, you were welcomed by Tom who was sitting on your doorsteps.

"Tom?" you called getting his attention. He looked up and smiled at you "What are you doing here?"

"I just want to see you," Tom answered and thank God it was dark or else he will see how red your cheeks were. He stood up and walked closer to you. You can feel your heart beating really fast. Tom was standing close to you that you can smell his perfume.

"How long you've been sitting there?" you asked trying to distract yourself.

"I'm not sure how long but it was worth it." Tom's voice was a bit husky sending chills all over your body. His eyes were at you, you may not see it but you can tell.

"It's cold here, you have a copy of my keys you can have waited for me in the inside," you said looking at him. There was an intense emotion in his eyes and you were captivated by it.

Tom cupped your cheeks, gently caressing your skin then he leaned in and capture your lips. He moves his lips gently against yours, he was taking his time to feel your warm against his cold lips. This kiss is different, from the one you had shared before and you love it. You can feel that he wants you, that he needs you. No, not because of lust but because of love.

|End of Part XVIII|