Part X

Tom went to Henry's and the old man greeted him as he sat at the counter.

"Look what we have here, welcome, me boy." Henry welcomed him with a cheerful smile.

"Good evening, Henry. The usual please." Tom tried to hide his emotion with a smile.

"What's the problem, Tom?" Henry asked.

"What? I'm okay." Tom lied but Henry can see right through him.

"You know kid, I've been doing this job for 30years and I can tell when someone came here because they have a problem." Henry places his beer.

"Can't I just come here because I want to drink?" Tom took a sip of his liquor.

"Or that but in your case." Henry leaned towards him "You are here because something is bugging you."

"There is nothing." Tom laughed but sighed knowing he can't lie to Henry "You know me too well."

"Is this about your career? Wait! Don't tell me, I'd like to guess this one." Henry excitedly said "I think this is about someone." he added making Tom rolled his eyes "I am pretty close to this someone, I am sure."

"Just drop the name," Tom said placing his head between his hand.

"Did it finally sink into you?" Henry patted him on the shoulder.

"How did you know about this?" Tom frustrated asked looking at him.

"I just can." Henry proudly said, "So, you finally accepted your feelings for [Y/N]."

"Yes, there you go. I am in love with [Y/N] and I'm afraid that I am actually too late to tell her how I feel." Tom ran his hand through his hair with frustration.

"If you are too late then I have a question for you." Henry caught Tom's attention.

"What?"

"Are you willing to fight for her?"

This question caught him off gourd. Will he be ready to fight for you? What if you don't choose him? Can he bear being friends with you if he has a feeling for you? Can he put your friendship at risk?

"If you can't answer that..." Henry started but Tom cut him off.

"I will, even with the slites chance," he answered making the old man smile.

"There you go, you know you always need a little push." Henry chuckled.

"I hate it whenever you do this." Tom sighed.

"Then stop being a coward. You are the guy who follows his dream but not the woman he loves, what do you expect me to do? I'll have to go, for now, we will talk later, other customers are calling."

With that, Henry left Tom with his own thoughts. Now, he wonders where you at and whos with you. You never told him who you were going to meet up.

That night Tom did not get enough sleep from thinking; thinking about the past, the good old days, the fun you two had, the arguments and how you made him... His trail of thought was cut off by the sound of the doorbell.

"Who could be it?" Tom looked at Bobby who was laying in his own bed.

Getting up from his bed, Tom gets on his feet went to his door and looking at his watch it was already morning. He didn't notice the time. Opening the door, the trail of thought that was can continue, he remembers how you made him at home, with your smile he felt genuinely happy and contented.

"Good morning." you greeted with a smile. Tom didn't answer so you continue "Care for a walk?"

Next thing you knew, you, Tom and Bobby were at the park walking.

"So, how was dinner last night?" Tom asked.

"It was nice, business as usual." you answered getting Bobby's leash "I was talking to an editor and The Death Of Me will be a book but it will be published if the movie will go well." you were nervous and scared which Tom can see, so he held your hand.

"It will be fine, the movie willhe great and your book will be published." Tom gave you an assuring smile. He actually felt relief hearing it.

"And I hope so too and today is the audition. I, it feels so surreal." a smile appears on your lips "Gosh, Tom can you believe this." you said encircling your hand around his arm.

"And I can't believe that you did not ask me to be part of it." Tom joked.

"You have to audition, you know. Who knows, I might be nice and tell them to give the main role to you," you said winking at him.

"What if I will?" he responds with a playful grin.

"May I remind you that you have Night Manager to film." you giggled.

"That's ironic," he said puckering his thin lips.

"Yeah, ironic." you laughed "or maybe I can write another story for you."

"Yeah, as if," he said rolling his eyes.

"Yes, and I can also have Ben in it." you suddenly feel excited "Oh my gosh, Tom! It will be amazing. I need to think of a plot a story."

"Hey, darling, calm down." Tom couldn't help but let out a soft laugh "You are being adorable."

"But Tom! Just think about it! You and Ben in a movie with me as the scriptwriter! It will be a dream come true." you said giggling along with Tom.

"Then I'll be looking forward to that," Tom said with sincerity making you look at him and smile.

"This is the reason why I came to you and talk. You always know what to say to calm me down."

|End of Part X|