Part XVII

Jude looked at you through his wine glass "You need to stop moping like a little girl." He calmly said before taking a sip "Sulking will make you look older."

"It's just, we were having fun and I felt like we connected somehow," you said finishing your wine.

"Want more?" Jude asked and you answered him with a nod "look I know you are not comfortable with this plan but you are scared to tell him how you feel."

"I'm just afraid that if I tell him how I feel he doesn't feel the same way and everything will not be the same," you responded watching the wine swirling around your glass.

"I got your back, love." Jude held your hand and gave you a reassuring smile "trust me."

"You know what." smiling back at him "we should be celebrating, let's forget about this for now and celebrate. You got the part, Jude"

"Thank you," he said holding his glass up.

"Cheers to you my friend." You said clinging your glass against him "Congratulation."

"To us. I'm looking forward to work with you." Jude added, "I'm sure this will be fun."

You've tried to forget about breakfast and enjoys Jude's company; drink wine, talked about the film and how excited you were for the production to start.

Tom became busy with tour and cons while your story was becoming a movie. It was a good thing that the producers want you on set and everyone seems to notice how close you are with Jude.

"Jude Law having more chemistry with the scriptwriter of his new movie than his leading lady." Devon read whats on the newspaper "Clearly you're not saying something to me."

"There is nothing to say, Jude and I are good friends."

"Just like you and Tom?" She said arching a brow.

"Why you have to bring him up all the time?" You said jumping into her bed and spread your arms "I can't believe that filming can be tiring. I mean, I am just watching but. Urgh!" You grunt burying your face on the pillow.

"[Y/N], we need to talk." Devon sat on the bed pulling the pillow from your face "I need your honest answer, no jokes, okay?"

"What is it?" You asked sitting up and looking at your best friend's face you can tell that she was dead serious.

"Tell me, are you seeing Jude?" she seriously asked.

"No." You answered and technical you are not lying because you and Jude were not dating.

"Really?"

"Really." You assured her.

"Now, how about Tom?"

"I've answered that question a lot of ti..."

"[Y/N]" Devon cut you off "You know what I mean."

"Tom is a great friend and I don't think that an us is possible." You answered feeling a bit of sting on your heart.

"But you love him?" she asked and this question still caught you off guard "Do you have romantic feelings for him?"

"Devon, I love him but romance is not in our option," you added.

"That is your option but what if you find out that he is in love with you?"

"You know that I hate false hope."

"So you will avoid it? What if because of that thinking you will lose your chance of finding love?" Devon pointed out "[Y/N], you write love stories and they are all amazing. It makes me believe that true love exists, all you have to do it take a risk and give it a chance. Now, tell me, are you in love with Tom?"

"Devon."

"[Y/N], just answer my question."

"Look, I don't want to lose what Tom and I have and because of that I don't want to face the fact that I am in love with him." you finally answered and Devon looked at you with a genuine smile which you returned "Devon, I'm scared that if he finds out everything will change. I don't want him to avoid me and everything will be awkward between us. I'm happy with what we have."

"But, what if he feels the same way? I agree that you two are good friends but don't you think that you will hurt yourself too?" Devon held your hand "If it didn't work it will be his loss."

"Devon promise me that you will not tell Tom about this. I promise I will tell him how I feel but I'm still gathering my courage. I want to tell him."

"I promise," Devon responded feeling a bit sad, she could have told you that Tom feels the same but Tom made you promise not to tell "You and Tom are problematic."

"You know, I was surprised by your reaction," you said hugging a pillow.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I was expecting that you'll go hysterical on me," you said making both of you laughed.

"Hey, maybe I already know that answer from the start," she said throwing a pillow at you.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes." she proudly answered "I can tell by the way you act around him, you are comfortable with him and the way you looked at him. [Y/N], I am your best friend."

"Unfortunately you are." you giggled then pausing a bit thinking about how happy you are whenever you are with Tom.

Luke massaged the bridge of his nose trying to calm his nerves, reading the entertainment section of the morning newspaper. Tom came knocking on his door shoving the newspaper on his face.

"Good for [Y/N], she finally found a man." Luke commented.

"Are you crazy?" Tom's voice raised.

"Maybe, maybe I am, after having a newspaper smacked in my face." Like sarcastically responded.

"Look, this can't be possible." Tom said pointing at your picture on the news "[Y/N] and Jude are just friends and they are writing rumors about them!"

"Well, they look good together," Luke commented earning him a dagger look from Tom "Hey, it is not my fault that you chickened out."

"No, I am not." Tom fought back "Look, I need to show Jude that he is not the only man on [Y/N] life."

"What is your plan?" Luke asked.

The next day you arrived at the set and greeted everyone. You were having a great time watching your story coming to life and everyone is nice. Jude made everything comfortable for you.

"Great job," you said to Jude. The director told everyone to have a break.

"Thanks but just tell me if I'm not giving justice to your character," he said.

"You are doing great and no worries if ever you started to do a horrible job a chair will be thrown at you." you joked.

"Ha, very funny," he said rolling his eyes making you giggled.

"[Y/N], delivery for you." one of the crew said handing you a bouquet of flowers.

"Who is it from?" you asked.

"Not sure, maybe from Jude." the crew said before leaving.

"Jude can't afford this," you said teasing your friend.

"Hey! I can buy a dozen bouquet of flowers if I want too." Jude defending himself.

"I'm just teasing you," you said to him.

"Come on, there's a card let's see who's it from," Jude said picking the card.

"Give me that." you snatched the card and read "I hope you are having a beautiful day just like these flowers. But you are way more beautiful than them - TH"

"Looks like my plan is working," Jude said.

"Shut up," you said blushing.

|End of Part XVII|