Chapter Three

So here begins the movie...

"All personnel, the evacuation order has been confirmed. Proceed to your designated vehicles..."

The announcement came over the intercom to all the SHIELD agents. As they were all rushing around getting things together and getting in vehicles, Agent Coulson and I stood there, waiting for Director Fury and Agent Hill to come down in the helicopter. Of, course as Director Fury was climbing out, since the wind was blowing, his coat billowed out behind him.

"How bad is it?" he asked.

Not hesitating, Agent Coulson answered him, "That's the problem, sir. We don't know."

With that answer, all four of us got in the elevator to head down to the cause of all this chaos.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge form the Tesseract about four hours ago," I told Director Fury as we were exiting the elevator.

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to go to test phase."

"He wasn't testing it. He wasn't even in the room," Agent Coulson answered for me. "Spontaneous event."

"It just turned itself on?" asked Agent Hill.

"I guess so," I told her, as we both trailed behind Director Fury and Agent Coulson.

"Where are the energy levels now?" Director Fury asked.

Right away, Agent Coulson answered his question. "Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac."

"How long to get everyone out?"

"Campus should be clear in the next half-hour."

"Do better." Agent Coulson nodded and walked off. As he walked by me, he gestured toward Director Fury and Agent Hill with his hand as if to say 'Stay with them.'

"Sir, evacuation may be futile." Agent Hill told Director Fury as we kept on walking.

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Director Fury questioned Agent Hill and I.

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance," I informed him.

"I need both if you to make sure the Phase 2 prototypes are shipped out."

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" I asked.

Director Fury stopped walking and turned around to look at Agent Hill and I. "Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on," he paused. "Clear out the tech below. Every piece of Phase 2 on a truck and gone."

"Yes, sir." Agent Hill and I said at the same time, heading in a different direction. As we walked past some other agents, Agent Hill gestured to them. "With us."

***

All of a sudden, we felt this shaking. Both of us looked up to the ceiling, unsure of what was happening. Then it was over. We both looked at each other.

***

A few minutes later, we saw Agent Barton walking by with Dr. Selvig, a few guards, and a stranger. Where he came from, I have no idea. He was also wearing strange clothing too.

"In these vehicles," we heard Agent Barton say to the men.

"Who's that?" I asked Agent Barton as he was watching them get pile into a couple of vehicles.

"They didn't tell me," he answered as he climbed into one of the vehicles.

"Hill! Olson!" Agent Hill and I heard over our earpieces. "Do you copy? Barton has turned."