Chapter Eight

"Hill?" I heard Director Fury over the comms.

"External detonation. Number three engine is down... Somebody's got to get outside and patch that engine."

"Stark, Olson, you copy that?"

Mr. Stark looked to me and I nodded.

"We're on it," Mr. Stark informed Director Fury.

"Coulson, initiate defensive lockdown in the detention section then get to the armory. Romanoff?"

***

"Let's go. Level 4," some agents were saying as Captain Rogers, Mr. Stark and I passed by them.

"Engine three," I told Mr. Stark. "We'll see you there."

He nodded and walked off, and I took Captain Rogers' arm and apparated us to the door that would get us to the engine. When we got there, it looked like it didn't even phase him. Must be the serum.

"Stark! Stark, we're here!" Captain Rogers yelled out.

"That was quick but good," Mr. Stark answered as he flew into our view. "Let's see what we've got. I got to get this superconducting coolant system back online before I can access the rotors, work on dislodging the debris."

As he was talking to himself, I saw Mr. Stark shift something around.

"I need one you to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position."

"You go," I said to Captain Rogers, "I'll stay down here."

He nodded before jumping to the panel and pulling it out.

"What does it look like in there?" Mr. Stark asked him.

"It seems to run on some form of electricity," Captain Rogers answered.

"He's not wrong," I said.

"Okay, the relays are intact," Captain Rogers informed Mr. Stark a couple of minutes later. "What's our next move?"

"Even if I clear the rotors, this thing won't re-engage without a jump. I'm going to have to get in there and push."

"Mr. Stark you can't," I cried.

"If that thing gets up to speed, you'll get shredded," Captain Rogers agreed.

"That stator control unit can reverse the polarity long enough to disengage maglev and that could..."

"Speak English!"

"Captain, there's a red lever near you," I started. "It will slow the rotors down long enough for Mr. Stark to get out."

"Stand by the lever. Wait for my word," Mr. Stark told Captain Rogers.

"We've got men moving our way," I informed Captain Rogers.

As I was informing Captain Rogers of our dilemma, I saw debris falling from the rotor.

"Captain, one of them has a grenade," I told him.

After the man threw it, I saw Captain Rogers jump and hit it out of the way so it wouldn't do any more damage. He then jumped to where the men were and started knocking them out. I joined him.

"Get back up to the lever," I told him before I spotted more men coming.

He nodded and jumped back up as I threw a gun towards the oncoming men.