Chapter Nine

I finally have the next chapter posted. Which I don't think people will care since not a lot of people currently read this.

I polished my Firebolt as Mr. St-I mean Tony was fixing his suit.

"Lead the way Tony," I said to him. "I'll be right behind you."

He suited up, and lead the way outside. I hopped on my broomstick and followed him to Stark Tower.

We got to the top of the tower and saw Dr. Selvig on the roof with his portal device.

"Shut it down, Dr. Selvig," Tony told him.

He turned around to face us.

"It's too late! She can't stop now. She wants to show us something! A new universe."

"Okay," I said, fed up with what he was saying.

I pointed my wand at the device and cast a spell, only to have it bounce back at us.

"Yeah, I got that," I heard Tony say.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Jarvis says the barrier is made of pure energy and it's unbreachable."

"Fantastic."

"Plan B. I'm heading down, and you g-"

"Go around the back."

"Yeah."

I watched as Tony fly down, landed, and started walking inside. His suit was being removed as he walked inside, and I noticed Loki watching him. Hopefully, he didn't see me.

Once I saw Tony go inside, I flew down, around the backside of the tower and landed outside. One floor down from where I was, I saw Loki standing.

"Tony," I started, "I'm going to apparate to you. Clear your throat if you're in the same room when Agent Coulson and I came to you."

A few minutes later I heard Tony clear his throat.

I apparated, quietly and behind his bar to remain hidden, just in time to hear Tony reply to something Loki had said.

"Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"You should have left your armor on for that."

"Yeah. It's seen a bit of mileage, and you've got the glow stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?"

"Stalling me won't change anything."

At that point, Tony walked around to be behind his bar. His eyes looked at me before bringing his eyes back up to look at Loki.

"No, no. Threatening. No drink? You're sure? I'm having one."

"The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that. What have I to fear?"

"The Avengers," Tony answered, pouring himself a drink. He looked up and continued talking.

"It's what we call ourselves. Sort of like a team. 'Earth's mightiest heroes'-type thing."

"Yes, I've met them."

"Yeah. Takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a headcount, here. Your brother, the demigod, a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger-management issues, a witch, a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."