Chapter 58: One of those Days

Congratulations to me. I’ve officially ticked off everyone on the planet. Okay maybe not everyone, but about everyone I knew. It was all because of my bad mood from this morning and the events of this afternoon made it no better.  Like earlier this afternoon, when I stormed back to my flat from Louis’ place, I ran into Chloe who was walking out of her flat. She slung her purse over her shoulder and looked up at me as I approached the door to my flat.  

“Hey! How’d your practice with Louis go?” She greets me happily. I was in no mood for talking about the earlier events from today, so I just rolled my eyes and walked into my flat, making sure to slam the door behind me. Chloe walked in seconds later.

“Alright, what’d he do?” She asks, leaning her back against the door and crossing her arms over her chest. I decide to ignore her and walk into my kitchen to prepare a cup of coffee.  

“Lola,” She calls. “You can’t ignore me forever,” I take one of my mugs out of the cabinet and set it on the counter, staying completely silence as I gather the ingredients to brew coffee.  

“Did he say something wrong?” She asks. Of course Louis did. Everything he said today was wrong and completely uncalled for. He’s a freaking football player and says that my job as an assistant football coach is practically a waste of time? I was so irritated with him right now along with the rest of the planet.

“Did you guys have a fight?” She asks, trying anything to get my attention. But I wouldn’t have it. Talking about today would only make things more stressful to me. Stress mixed with a bad mood is never a good combination and will probably end up in screaming and yelling and probably breaking things.  

“Come on Lola, he couldn’t have said anything that bad right?” I turn around and glare at her.

“Of course you think that, he’s perfect,” I snap. “He said that I wasn’t focused because I was thinking about Pat instead of singing and then apparently football is a bunch of bullshit and that I shouldn’t be stressed about anything because for heaven’s sake he’s in a band and that’s ten times more stressful then trying to keep a healthy lifestyle and auditioning for a singing competition all at the same time. Then he blames me for messing up and not wanting to do it, but that’s also complete nonsense because you’re the one who got me into this mess!”

“I never said he was perfect,” She scoffs.  “And how is it a mess?”  

“My life is hell Chloe!” I exclaim, ignoring her previous question. “I’m so sick of singing high-note and low-note songs perfectly right and getting criticized about every little thing I do wrong and getting blamed for everything when all I do is try to get better. But you know, you just had to pull out the X Factor card on everyone and I don’t even think anyone believes that I can actually win or make it to the top,”

“Lola,” She slowly takes a step toward me. “You can-“

“I can’t!” I yell. “God don’t you get it? You think I can make it in life with this singing career just because I got a stupid concussion due to Louis. You think this is a better option for me right? Because it’s not. This is one of the worst things you’ve suggested to me and I’ve had it! I don’t want to do it anymore and I don’t want you to force me into anything I don’t want to commit to!” She stays silent, shocked at my sudden outburst. I never get this mad at anyone, but today was just one of those days where I was.

“I’m not forcing you to do anything,” She argues.

“You practically are,” I say snottily. I could feel a headache start in my head, so I didn’t want to yell at her any longer. “Now can you please just leave me alone for a bit? I’d really like to be alone right now,” I cross my arms over my chest. She stares at me for a moment, wanting to say something else but turns on her heel and leaves my flat.