Chapter 4: Car Ride

Chapter 4: Car Ride

2 Weeks Later

I smiled to myself as I looked at my reflection in the mirror.  Yes, I was able to stay positive enough to walk through the school with my black eye and bruises while bystanders would silently question why I looked so bad.  Oh well, at least I survived that.  My black-eye was almost cleared up anyways. I could still see the faint yellow and purple bruises, but it was hard for others to see. 

I pulled on some skinny jeans and one of my team shirts, then put my hair into a half-up, half-down hairstyle. I put on my tennis-shoes then went downstairs and crept out of the house. Stupid me having to get up early.  Chloe needed a ride to uni today, apparently her car is broken down and her mom already left for work.  Yes, we were the unfortunates who didn't get dorms on campus, big whoop.  We have our benefits though.  

Today wasn't a very "springy day" as I'd say. It was actually the complete opposite, pouring down rain and practically flooding the streets. Those days are nice too, cuddling up inside and watching movies or reading books. But today we had to go to uni, sadly enough, another wonderfully boring day.

My mom was still asleep, so I tried to close the front door as quietly as possible.   She wouldn't be going into work for at least another hour or so.  Rain was already splatting down on me, drenching my hair.

I started running in my muddy tennis-shoes to my car. Once I got in, I breathed out a big breath. I could hear the loud splats and drops on the windshield as I started it up, then backing out the driveway. Wow Chloe, out of all days you actually need a ride.  I don't drive very much, only for these reasons and weather. It was way more fun and energizing to walk places. Chloe wasn't a very big walker, especially in the rain. 

As I pulled into her driveway, Chloe came running out of the house, wearing identical skinny jeans to mine, red rain boots, and a matching red shirt. She had on a yellow jumper going over it, and  her hair was down already getting soaked by the rain.  

"I can't thank you enough for this dude," she says as she closes the door. "I know you aren't a big driving fan," I pull out of her driveway and start driving down the road, towards school.

"Well, I'm supposing you didn't want to walk in the rain," she laughed.

"You know me too well," she says, then we sat in a bit of silence until she turns on the radio.

"Ooo! I love this song!" she squeals, turning the dial up. I didn't recognize it until the chorus.

"One thing? Really? That song is so old," I complain.

"Oh come on, it's an awesome song.  Songs don't even have expiration dates! Besides, you can listen to your boyfriend sing,"  I scoff at her.

"He's not my boyfriend, you know that. You really think the guy who threw a soccer ball in my face would be my boyfriend? That's it, I'm not talking about him anymore, he’s out of this conversation. BANNED!" Chloe laughs again.

"You're just trying not to become obsessed with them, I know your secrets, you can't hide it." she stays silent for a second as the song keeps playing. 

"Do you already have posters and memorize their songs and relate everything because fans really like it when the girlfriends are fans--"

"Chloe, conversation over. He’s something called-BANNED!" That shut her up for a bit as she crosses her arms and pouts her lips. And that also made the rest of the drive completely silence except for their song playing in the backround.