Chapter 32: Visits

Chapter 32: Visits

Let me tell you, kissing Louis was like a dream come true.  His lips always felt so inviting and warm, and he was always gentle with me until the kiss became a bit more heated.  Yeah, it still feels pretty amazing.

He’s been here for just a day now, so I’m surprised not to see any calls or visits from the boys or even Chloe.  I left her at the stadium that night and haven’t contacted her since, so I’m wondering what she has been up to lately.  Then again, I could just walk down to her flat and ask.  But I feel as though I’ve annoyed her enough so I’ll just wait a bit.  

I could hear the rain splatting against the window of our flat, creating a mixed rhythm. It’s been raining for hours now, making my flat seem ten times darker than it really was.  Louis was asleep on the couch again, lips parted as his arm hung loosely over the edge of the couch.  I stare down at him with a smile, thinking that I can officially call him my boyfriend.

Boyfriend.  It sounded weird to have one, to know that I’m not single anymore.  It felt right now that I’ve been waiting to be in a relationship with Louis for a while, but all at the same time it felt completely wrong.  It almost felt that this was the wrong thing to do and I shouldn’t go there. Almost.

I tried to ignore those thoughts as I walked over to the couch and kneeled down in front of him on the side of the couch. Sadly, I had to wake him up so he could take more medicine.  This wasn’t like a wisdom-teeth procedure where you could just sleep all the pain away.  Louis had to take medicine every two hours no matter what. 

“Louis,” I nudge his shoulder as he stirs. 

“Louis you have to take your medicine,” I whisper.  He grumbles something inaudible then opens his eyes, smiling up at me.

“Hello love,” he greets tiredly. I smile.

“Hey Lou, I’ll be right back,” I say, walking around the couch and into the kitchen, quickly pouring a glass of water and the two pills he has to take.  He’s been pretty good about taking them, which I’m very surprised about, and hasn’t given me any trouble lately.  He’s much quieter too, not groaning about the pain, but I could still see in his eyes that he was in agony.

I walk back over and put the glass and two pills on the side table by the couch.  Louis sits up slowly, gripping the arm rest as he tries to cross his legs.  He takes the pills and drinks the water with ease, then leans his back on the couch in his same position. 

“How much longer do I have to suffer?” he asks with a smirk. I shrug, sitting back in my chair nearby.  

“It’s been almost two days now Lou, you were supposed to have a month of complete rest,” he groans, throwing his head back.

“Oh come on, I’m not that bad am I?” I joke.  He looks at me and smiles.

“You’ve been wonderful, sacrificing your time just to stare at me all day,”

“Well thanks, and you’re pretty nice to look at,” I compliment.  He lets out a small chuckle, then stops when we both hear a knock on my door.

“It’s probably just Chloe,” I say, getting up and walking toward the door, not opening it all the way since Chloe comes barging in, drenched from head to toe.

“Chloe?” I question. “What happened to you?” She closes the door and crosses her arms, leaning back on the door.

“I don’t know, let’s see,” she says sarcastically. “You left me in the stadium without a clue of how to even get out of there after Louis’ mess since everyone was practically freaking out. So I had to barge through people and get scolded multiple times, and had to walk all the way home, do you have any idea how long it is from that stadium to here? Let me just say it was completely uncomfortable in boots. Today, I went out on a small visit to my mum and ended up having my car break down, so I texted you asking for a ride when you never responded. Now you could probably finish the picture,” Chloe doesn’t wait for me to respond and walks over to the couch where Louis was sitting, uncrosses her arms, and then gestures toward him.