Chapter 40: Special Night

“Tired?” Louis asks, putting the football back in his bag.

“Nope, you?” He shakes his head. I was far from tired now. We were both practically bursting with energy.

“Good, because we still have plenty to do,” He smiles at me, handing me a bottle water from the bag he was carrying. I graciously take it and unscrew it, gulping down as much water as I could.  Even though I wasn’t all that tired, that match was exhausting. The other boys went home to finish packing while Louis and I stood together in the middle of the empty football field. 

“Like what?” I question.

“Like this,” he answers, taking my hand and pulling me down to the ground.

“Louis!” I accuse, lying right on top of him.

“Oh come on, you aren’t mad right?”

“A little,” I say jokingly.

“But remember last time we ended up like this?” I raise an eyebrow at him.

“Yeah…” I trail off. “And?”

“Last time we ended up here, I couldn’t do this,” he whispers, tilting his head and kissing me. His lips mold into mine and his tongue slips into my mouth.  Our eyes slowly close as he starts gently tugging on my lip with his teeth.  He was right. Last time we ended up in this position I would’ve done no such thing.

His lips felt chapped but soft against mine. And despite how cold we were from the breeze, our lips were both warm when they were pressed together. I let my tongue slide over his teeth in a teasing manner, making him slightly moan and entwine my tongue with his.  I feel his hands caress my cheeks then slowly down move down to my waist. My fingers gently graze his cheeks as I let out a hot breath. 

“Louis,” I moan. He moves his head down and starts planting small kisses all over my neck. I could feel the fast pace of both of our heartbeats against each other’s chests.

A year ago, I wouldn’t be comfortable with this. Heck, I wouldn’t even be doing this. But right now, I still wasn’t very comfortable.  I was new at feeling this intimate with Louis or any boy at that matter.  I was starting to feel scared he wanted to take it to the next level right now, because I wasn’t ready yet. And the scary thing is that I may never be.   

“Louis,” I say firmly. He slowly stops and looks up at me with a curious expression. I smile.

“We’re in public you know,” He smirks, then lies down next to me. I relax and look up at the bright blue sky with not a cloud in site.

“I know you’re scared,” He finally says. “Of all this,” I turn to look at him.

“Just a little,” I admit. “I’m getting used to it,” He smiles.

“I can tell,” He looks back up at the sky. In that moment, I let the breeze envelope us in silence.  Here we were, a couple of goofballs with blushing cheeks and reeked of sweat lying in the middle of an unused football field.  I guess I should just enjoy the moment then. 

I should try and remember this to look back on. I glance over at Louis who was slowly closing his eyes with a small smile on his face. I studied how his hair fringed over his forehead and the way his hands folded over each other when he set them on his lap and how his legs were crossed in front of them.  Right now, he looked completely relaxed and not stressed one bit. And that was a good thing. I smile and close my eyes as well, letting the rest of the silence finish the moment.

*******************

We were in the field for at least an hour before he made me get up and take me to our next event. The next event was another cheesy romantic comedy, just like the one he took me on our first “date”.  Then he was brought me back to my flat as he said, “change into something a little fancier than football uniforms” and apparently pick me up in half an hour.  I was a bit confused, but I went along with it.