Chapter 29: Hot potato, pass it on

~Revised 05/04/24~

The Nomu wasted no time sprinting toward Kirishima and [Y/n], closing the distance between them within a second.

Kirishima's eyes widened as he had no time to react as he watched the monster lift one of its giant hands into the air above his head. Acting on instinct, Kirishima hardened his entire body; bracing himself for impact, but also causing his speed to falter.

Nomu's hand came down on the two like a boulder falling from a cliff; crushing them like bugs. [Y/n]'s body took most of the impact, as she was slammed into the solid ground with a human-sized rock (Kirishima) on top of her body. Nomu slowly lifted his hand, revealing a dazed and groaning Kirishima and [Y/n]'s body, now bleeding from her half-decayed arm and head.

The Nomu reached back down and grabbed Kirishima in his fist. The rock-solid boy's head felt like it was in a blender, the area behind his eyes throbbing in pain. His arms hung loosely by his side as he was lifted from the ground, letting [Y/n]'s injured body slide from his grasp and remain in the indented ground. The Nomu instantly flung Kirishima's body behind him, sending the boy flying and crashing destructively into a tree.

Shoto, who was following Kirishima closely and watched the Nomu's ruthless attack in horror, outstretched his arms toward the monster, sending ice crawling across the ground. It swiftly reached Nomu and began building up around and trapping its legs into the ground. Nomu screeched out in frustration as he realized he could no longer move. Shoto increased his speed as he approached [Y/n]'s body, scooping her up and flinging her over his shoulder. He immediately dashed to the large staircase leading to the front entrance.

Shoto adjusted [Y/n]'s body, moving her from over his shoulder to cradled in his arms. His heart raced in his chest as he carried her dead weight. He moved his left hand up to her head, cooling off the area that was bleeding.

I can't feel her breathing at all...

Shoto felt the ground shake beneath him suddenly, accompanied by the sound of All Might's and Bakugou's voices yelling out. The familiar sound of All Might and Nomu punching each other repeatedly rang in Shoto's ears, and the familiar feeling of pure power radiating from the two grazed against his skin. All Might must have found the Nomu. That's good.

"HEY! WHERE DID YOU IDIOTS GO?! COME OUT AND FIGHT ME LIKE A REAL VILLAIN! Katsuki's screamed in the plaza, his voice producing so much hate you could feel it in the air.

Shoto's eyes widened as he took a second to look behind him, quickly scanning the plaza for the villains.

Where did they-

"HEY!" Katsuki's bark was ten times closer, it sounded as if he was right behind Shoto. The boy snapped his head over his other shoulder, only to see Katsuki flying through the air behind him. He followed him and [Y/n] as they dashed through the plaza with his ice.

"TURN THE FUCK AROUND!!!"

Shoto's breath caught in his chest as a blinding pain shot itself down his right arm. His ice halted immediately. His head twisted around to where the pain was coming from. The skin on his right arm decayed away under a clammy, dry hand. It protruded from a dark purple warp gate in front of him.

Shoto panicked as he tried to pull his arm away, but the villain's grip was too strong. [Y/n]'s body bumped around in his arms as he attempted to escape the painful grasp.

Hot pain settled into Todoroki's body as his arm decayed further. He squeezed his eyes closed and let a grunt of pain escape his lips.

"Just let go of the girl and I'll let go of you child!" Tomura's scratchy voice emerged from the gate.