Chapter 11: How Are You so Fast?!

~Revised 20/01/2024~

"A QUIRK ASSESSMENT TEST?!" The entire class yelled in confusion.

After [Y/n] and her classmates changed into their uniform jumpsuits, they were all directed to go to the school's outdoor field. Their teacher, Mr. Aizawa, informed them that instead of attending regular school events on their first day, they would be doing a series of quirk tests.

"But what about orientation? We're going to miss it?" The brunette standing beside [Y/n] asked. She sounded disappointed, and [Y/n] felt the same.

"If you really wanna make the big leagues you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies." Mr. Aizawa stated. 

He was standing with his back facing the students, looking out onto the school's large field. 

"Here at U.A. we're not tethered to traditions," He glanced over his shoulder at his students. "That means I get to run my class however I see fit. You've been taking standardized tests for most of your lives, but you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before. The country is still trying to pretend that we are all equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day, the Ministry of Education will learn."

[Y/n] felt as if his eyes were focused on her more than her other classmates as he spoke.

"Bakugou, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam," Mr. Aizawa pointed out. Everyone turned to look at the blond boy, who seemed somewhat taken aback from being thrown into the spotlight so suddenly. "What was your farthest distance throw with a softball when you were in junior high?"

"67 meters, I think." He responded, acting as nonchalant as he could.

"Right, try doing it with your quirk."

[Y/n] watched as Mr. Aizawa handed him a softball. Katsuki walked over to the center of a pitching circle, not even glancing over at any of his classmates. He turned to face Mr. Aizawa, he seemed calm and collected. [Y/n] wondered how he didn't even look the least bit nervous.

"Anything goes just stay in the circle. Come on, you're wasting our time." Mr. Aizawa stated.

Katsuki turned to face the field. He stretched his throwing arm across his chest.

"Alright, man. You asked for it." Katsuki responded. He did a couple more stretches. Holding the ball behind his head, he leaned his whole body forward with his throw, trying to put as much power into it as possible. "DIE!!" Katsuki screamed as he let off a huge explosion, which propelled the ball into the air at an unpredictable length.

[Y/n]'s (e/c) eyes widened as she watched his sheer force throw the ball. It seemed to almost disappear as it had been thrown so far. 

Oh shit, my quirk can't do that! She internally panicked.

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities," As the ball landed, Mr. Aizawa held up a device that read '705.2 meters'. "It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero." Mr. Aizawa stated. 

The whole class gasped at Katsuki's impressive throwing distance, including [Y/n]. A couple of students started to get pumped up, yelling out how excited they were about the test. Mr. Aizawa quickly shot them down as he brought reality into an intimidating light. Despite [Y/n] remaining silent, his eyes locked onto hers. 

"You have three years here to become a hero. You think it's all gonna be games and playtime?" Mr. Aizawa looked away from the (h/c) haired girl as a devilish smirk grew on his face. "Idiots! Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately."