Chapter 7: Love at First Robot Fight

~ Revised 30/12/2023~

Time quickly passed by [Y/n] as she steadily adjusted to her new life with the Bakugous, and before she knew it, it was the morning of the U.A. entrance exam.

[Y/n] couldn't have been happier with the Bakugous. They gave her the guest bedroom and treated her as if she had always lived there. She was eternally grateful but sometimes felt as if she didn't deserve their hospitality. She was always trying to do nice things for them as a form of repayment. She often made dinner for them or cleaned the house. Mitsuki and Masaru loved her generosity and began feeling mutually undeserving of her kindness.

One day, upon his return from work, Masaru made a joke about how [Y/n] was a fallen angel, gracing their family with her kindness. The nickname stuck and they began calling [Y/n] their angel. She loved it.

Katsuki however, wasn't so kind to his new housemate. He treated her with the same hostility he always had and made no effort to hang out together. He was completely focused on training for the U.A. entrance exams and was adamant about not letting anything distract him. 

Although [Y/n] often became discouraged by his constant cold shoulder, she always tried to do things with the hot-headed boy. They were living together after all, it would be more pleasant if they could get along. She would frequently gently pester him, even going as far as inviting him to hang out with her and Izuku at one point. Nine times out of ten, her requests would end in him getting angry and stomping away from her, but sometimes, he would give in and do things with her. These were often tasks that involved minimal effort on his part, like running a quick errand. 

But [Y/n] was just as dedicated and determined to get into U.A. as Katsuki was. After living with the Bakugous for about a month, [Y/n] decided to start volunteering at the local hospital to help gain more control over using her quirk to heal others, as she was able to practice healing various kinds of injuries, sickness, and diseases. Some of which she would write down and research when she got home. [Y/n] also began lifting weights and running more to build up her stamina and strength. Because her quirk allows her to heal her own body, it naturally increases her physical condition, causing her to have above-average strength, speed, flexibility, agility, and stamina for someone her size and age. But she knew that everyone who would be accepted into U.A. would also be above average in all of these categories and more, so she pushed herself for months to gain as much of an advantage as possible. 

~

The dreadfully familiar ringing of [Y/n]'s alarm loudly began to play and fill the sleeping girl's ears. A tired groan escaped from under a large duvet as she rolled over and pressed the snooze button. After a couple of minutes of sleepy tranquillity [Y/n]'s eyes shot open as her brain sent an alarm through the rest of her body to wake up. 

THE ENTRANCE EXAM!

She bolted straight out of bed, no longer feeling tired anymore, and ran right to her bathroom to grip the toilet seat as a wave of nausea took over. A soft, warm glow emanated from her body as she soothed herself; slowing the release of adrenaline from her adrenal glands; opening the arteries and ventricles; relaxing the cardiac and digestive muscles; and reestablishing normal blood flow throughout her body. 

Instant relief. 

You got this. You got this. You GOT THIS. She mentally repeated to herself as she slowly stood up from the bathroom floor. She looked at herself in the mirror and faked a confident expression.

Once [Y/n] finished her morning routine, she stepped out of her room in her white and black tracksuit. Katsuki's room was located directly across from hers and she noticed his door was open. Curiosity got the better of her as she peered into his room. It was still dark since he had all the blinds over his window.