Chapter 28: Butterfingers

~Revised on 22/03/2024~

Tomura let [Y/n]'s half-decayed arm slide out of his grasp like a limp snake.

"NO!" All Might's upset cry boomed through the stadium, echoing and reverberating off all surfaces.

Tomura grinned down at the girl's body. He held his grin as he gazed up to All Might, more than satisfied with his reaction. The hero clenched his jaw in frustration as he remained trapped between the Nomu and Kurogiri's portals. Both of Tomura's targets were immobilized and rendered useless; just according to plan.

"See! This is what happens wh-"

A blinding flash of light interrupted the villain's speech, along with enough heat to melt skin. Tomura was knocked off his feet and sent flying several meters across the plaza ground.

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH HER!" A raspy, animalistic scream of anger erupted from Katsuki as his feet harshly landed on the ground in front of [Y/n]'s body. Grey smoke clouded him from the villains and All Might. He swiped his arm at the smoke from the explosion to stare at the villain. His crimson eyes were so fierce and intense they could cut through a boulder and although Tomura would never admit it, sent a unsettling chill down his spine. Katsuki's bare muscular shoulders heaved up and down as he panted, his heart racing in his chest with bloodthirsty anger. Tomura flinched at his almost barbaric presence.

All Might watched as Katsuki shook in anger, fearlessly staring down the villain. Tomura remained shaken up on the ground, holding his head in his hand and coughing through the lingering smoke in the air. Suddenly, he felt his feet and legs get increasingly cold. He instantly recognized it as Shoto's ice, darting his eyes down towards the ground to see it wrapping around and trapping Nomu. From this position All Might knew he could loosen the monster's grip and escape.

Once he was confident the villain wasn't going to rebuke anytime soon, Katsuki practically fell to his knees beside [Y/n]'s body. A tsunami of emotions crashed together in his deep scarlet eyes as they looked up and down her unmoving body. He felt his heart pound in his ears as he noticed how much blood had began to dry up on her hero uniform. He didn't know if it was hers or not. He immediately pushed that thought away, not sure if he wanted to know.

She was covered in scratches, bruises, and patches of dirt. His eyes hardened as they fell on her arm; it was raw from her elbow to her shoulder. Devoid of any skin, it was a sickening pink and red colour. She put up a good fight against the villains, it was easy to see.

"[Y/n]!" Katsuki brashly yelled next to her head. He was hoping for some type of response, a sarcastic comment or a groan of annoyance. He waited impatiently for her to do something. At least open her eyes.

But there was nothing.

A droplet of panic fell into Katsuki's stomach, sending a rippling effect of fear and anger through his veins.

He placed his shaky hand on her back. Another droplet of panic fell as he noticed he couldn't feel her breathing. The normal up-down motion of her back when inhaling and exhaling was gone. He remembered how he could feel her breathing against him when they fought each other during the combat training.

"[Y/n]?!" His voice was more desperate this time. 

His eyes darted up and down her body as he looked frantically for any signs of movement. 

"Dammit, [Y/n]!" His hands travelled to her shoulders and hip. 

He gently flipped her over onto her back. His eyebrows narrowed as he looked at her dirty face, her cheeks were sickly pale. His pupils dilated as panic began to overtake him.