Chapter 27: Snack is Life (literally)

~Revised 19/03/2024~

[Y/n] took a slow breath in, followed by a slow one out.

Fatigue was settling into her body like the night sets in after the sun goes down.

Through the chaos, everything seemed to slow down for a split second, and all [Y/n] could feel was Izuku's warm embrace. She relished in the comfort of Izuku's arms. Before U.A. she never really imagined herself in them, or that he would even be able to pick her up in the first place. But now, she was vulnerable and weak, and his arms were warm and strong and safe. She looked back from All Might to Izuku's face.

"Izuku," her voice was raspy but faint. 

The freckled boy seemed to snap out of his thoughts and look down at the girl in concern. 

"They're after All Might...we gotta help him fight them off."

Izuku pursed his lips together in thought. He knew they were after All Might and wanted to help his mentor as much as possible, but he also knew there was no way [Y/n] could fight in her current condition.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, [Y/n], you need to rest. You're seriously injured." He said, his voice laced with genuine concern.

"I-I'm fine-"

A large burst of heavy wind cut her speech off as it nearly knocked herself and Izuku over. She squeezed her eyes closed and buried her face in Izuku's chest in an attempt to shelter herself. Izuku's grip tightened around her shoulders and thighs.

Miraculously, all the remaining thugs in the plaza were knocked out within seconds, and a heroic All Might stood at the foot of their sprawled-out bodies. He held Aizawa in his arms similar to the way Izuku was holding [Y/n]: close to his chest.

Within an instant, Izuku and [Y/n] felt themselves being picked up by a giant force. All Might was holding them both like a sack of potatoes between his arms. Aizawa on his left and Izuku, [Y/n], Tsuyu, and Mineta on his right. [Y/n] opened her eyes, confusingly looking at Tsuyu and Mineta.

When did they get here??

All Might quickly and gently set them all down safely on the opposite side of the plaza, letting Mr. Aizawa lay on the ground and [Y/n] sit propped up against Tsuyu's legs. He kneeled beside Mr.Aizawa, placing a protective hand on his back.

"Everybody get back to the entrance. And take Aizawa with you. He doesn't have much time!" All Might's powerful voice instructed.

Tsuyu and Mineta agreed without hesitation. [Y/n], who was staring in disbelief at how close she finally was to her injured teacher, began to reach over to him. This was finally her chance. She looked at him with half-lidded eyes. Her body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. Her back hurt with an aching pain. She knew she should conserve her energy to stay conscious for as long as possible, but her heart begged her body to heal Mr. Aizawa. She felt sick looking at him so beat up and weak.

She began glowing, only her glow flickered several times, like an almost dead light bulb trying to turn on for the last time. She placed her gentle hand over his elbow that had been decayed by Tomura. She watched intensely as his skin began to slowly heal back to normal. She clenched her jaw together as she tried to stay focused and conscious.

"I'll carry [L/n] back!" Mineta yelled, a droplet of drool hanging out of the corner of his mouth and his hands outstretched towards her bum.

Tsuyu karate chopped the top of his head, just before he could touch the concentrated girl.

"You have serious issues *ribbit*," Tsuyu turned from the injured pervert to her struggling little light bulb, placing her own hand on her flickering and shaking shoulder, "[L/n] please stop, you're going to *ribbit* hurt yourself more." [Y/n] hated that she was right, but once she saw the skin on Aizawa's elbow completely heal back to normal, she let go and immediately stopped glowing. "Mineta, help me carry Mr. Aizawa to the entrance."