8

It was raining. It was raining hard, and Jiwon was in love with it.

They decided to wrap up the filming at the park and move onto shoots back inside a warm, not-wet studio and Jiwon's request of 'please don't make the set as sickeningly lovey-dovey this time' actually came through. Jiwon still arrived in the best blue raincoat he had, waddling inside like a penguin and grinning when the director patted his head. "I came prepared."

"I can see that but we're not shooting outside, you know."

"I know! But still. Very prepared."

"Well, shed that, get styled up, then we're ready to go," the director said, smiling briefly before he clapped his hands and rounded all the crew along with the actress up. "Everyone! This is our last day for shooting so let's make sure it goes well! You've all done incredibly good so far and I'm proud, so keep up the good work and we can all get some nice food after. I'll pay, of course."

There were hopeful cheers and Jiwon smiled, feeling his heart being filled up as the actress stood beside him, sending him a grin. "How's it going, buttercup?"

"All good. Let's do this," Jiwon said brightly, taking hold of her hand as he dragged her over to the stylists and she laughed, letting him do it.

Jiwon had announced very casually to the others that it was his last day shooting. Yunhyeong had cheered, wrapping him up in a hug while Chanwoo threw out all kinds of congratulations and Junhoe raised his glass, nodding. Jinhwan loudly joined the hug too while Donghyuk ran off only to come back with fucking pompoms so he could become the cheerleader he was destined to be in an alternate life. It was great and Jiwon loved them all, even extending an arm to forcefully pull Junhoe into the hug, grinning when Junhoe pressed his face into Jiwon's shoulder kind of affectionately. Such a puppy.

Of course Hanbin wasn't there.

But Jiwon didn't actually mind so much, and he wondered why he didn't. But it didn't matter. If anything, it was a good thing that it wasn't affecting him.

"What do you think about quails?" Jiwon asked the actress randomly when the others were going through their shots and the actress raised an eyebrow at him.

"I mean...yeah, they're cute."

"I'm gonna kiss one today," Jiwon said without thinking, his heart swelling from his own words and the actress grinned.

"Aww, do you have a pet quail or something? Are you getting one? That's adorable."

Was Hanbin his pet? Not really. Or he could be, he couldn't imagine Hanbin disliking Jiwon scratching him under the chin- but Jiwon felt so jittery that he couldn't keep still or quiet about any of this. Hell, it was the luckiest thing when the director called for a break because otherwise, Jiwon really might have blurted out his exact plans and ruined what everyone thought about him which wasn't what he needed at all, not right now. So he just went outside after believing that it was still raining from the small pitter-pattering he could hear on the roof, quickly calming down the stylists who were worried about his look getting ruined with as much charm as he could muster before he slipped out. The cold moisture hitting him was a delicious feeling. It felt so much better without the raincoat.

He could feel himself slowly getting soaked through and through. It was average rainfall, the type of rainfall that was neutral with no purpose to destroy, it would last for a good amount of time and he angled his head towards the sky, closing his eyes even though he really wished that he didn't have to. The rain trickled down his face, his hair, and it was doing what it always did - washing away Jiwon's worries, his thoughts, until everything was gone and he felt like simple quintessence floating in space. There was nothing holding him down.