17

"Monique is threatening you and you didn't tell me???" Eric asked. Well, yelled. "I'm sorry I didn't think it was a big deal and I didn't want you to tell her because I knew she would be mad." I whined, attempting to defend myself. "I don't care!" He yelled again.

I started to tear up. I don't usually get yelled at and I hated it. Eric looked back at me and his face softened. "I'm sorry Ar I didn't mean to yell. Evie's plan sounds perfect; of course I'll help!" He apologized. "Yay!" I cheered, hugging him. "So when should we do it?" He asked. "I don't know. Sometime tomorrow for sure I just don't know exactly when." I said while I thought.

We continued discussing our plan until we had reached an agreement and went our separate ways for homework.

**********

It was the next morning and I was feeling mixed emotions. Today we were going to try to keep Monique away from me for good but if it didn't work it could end badly for me. That morning I went to my locker and I was met by Keira, Clarissa and Monique. Yay.

"Hey guys!" I said happily, trying to avoid the fact that Monique was practically staring into my soul. "Hey Ari! I was wondering if you could meet me here after school without your friends so we can talk about that thing for your brother!" Monique asked happily, making up and excuse in front if my friends and hoping I'll go with it.

Keira was about to cut in when I motioned for her to stop and began talking myself. "Okay Moni, I'll see you here after school!" I said, matching her fake, happy tone. "Great! See you then!" She said and left, slightly nudging me as she walked past.

"What are you doing for Eric?" Clarissa asked suspiciously. "I'm not really sure honestly. She wants help with something for Eric so I figured why not help her? If it's bad I'll get out of it." I replied casually hoping they would buy it.

Keira nodded and Clarissa slowly did the same. The warning bell rang and I said bye to my friends, getting out of that awkward situation. The whole day Clarissa seemed to be watching me and trying to figure something out. I knew she knew I was hiding something.

At the end of the day I said good bye to my friends, watched Clarissa and Keira both leave the school in their parents cars, and headed back to my locker waiting for trouble. Also known as Monique.

I stood there waiting for about 5 minutes until she showed up, which have me just enough time to- "I'm surprised you came! Actually, that's a lie because I know you're scared of me." She smirked. "So I noticed you haven't broken up with Carson yet. You'd better do it soon or I'm going to have to make him think your cheating on him. And we both know I can do it. What would poor Carson Matthews so if he found out his innocent little girlfriend, his princess, dare I say, was cheating on him? Well I think he would be-"

But she was cut off by someone eating their throat. She whipped her head around and gasped when she saw Eric standing there with his arms crossed and Carson standing

there looking confused, hurt and angry.

Eric POV

"Hey Car, Ariel just texted me saying she needs help with something at her locker." I said while I re locked my own locker. "Okay let's head down then." He responded happily.

Perfect. We went down stairs to the first floor where Ariel's locker was and began walking towards it.

We were about to round the corner that brought us into Ari's hallway when I brought my index finger to my lips, indicting that I wanted him to be quiet. He nodded, probably assuming I wanted to try and sneak up on my sister or something.

We turned the corner slowly and I put my hand out to the side stopping Carson from taking another step, letting him process what he was seeing.

Right in front of our eyes was his girlfriend, my sister, Ariel, pressed up against a locker getting lectured by Monique.

"...do it soon or I'm going to have to make him think your cheating on him. And we both know I can do it. What would poor Carson Matthews so if he found out his innocent little girlfriend, his princess, dare I say, was cheating on him? Well I think he would be-"

And right then I cleared my throat. I crossed my arms as Monique turned to face us and gasped when she noticed that it was us.

Ariel broke free from Monique's trap and ran over to us, Carson wrapping his arms around her once she was close enough. I looked up at Monique and she was slowly inching away. I walked up to her, grabbed her wrist, and pulled her towards Carson and Ariel.

Carson let go of Ariel and she came I to my arms for a hug and she whispered, "Good job!" In my ear.

"I think you have something to say to my girlfriend." Carson growled at Monique.