12

A couple days later Clarissa was sick, and couldn't come to school. I was on my way to class when my books fell to the floor to lie beside $200 black pumps. "What do you want Monique?" I groaned as I picked up my stuff. "I don't want you going near Carson. He's my boyfriend now and I don't like you so all I have to do is tell him and he's out of your life. And if he's out of your life, how could he see Eric? Hmm I guess he wouldn't, now would he?" She smirked. I opened my mouth to reply but she put he finger to my lips. "Stay out of my way and I won't bother you." And with that she walked off with her lost pupp-I mean, Marcy.

After that I never said a word to Carson. As much as I hate Monique, I really don't want to cross her considering she can have me expelled in a phone call (perks of your uncle running the school board and your aunt being our principal).

**********

Weeks went by and things were very different. For one thing, I haven't seen Carson around the house for more than 20 minutes at a time in ages! Eric's been acting weird too. And who could blame him? His best friend is dating a _____ and he can't really do anything about it. That would be like Clarissa dating the guy version of Monique. I wouldn't do it for a second.

Knock knock knock

I heard my mother answer the door and then she called Eric down. Carson's here? Hopefully that means him and Monique are over.

"...so that's why I need your help, Eric!" I heard. Ummm, unless Carson's been inhaling helium, that's not him. I quietly made my way to my closed door and opened it just enough for me to peer through the crack to see...Monique? What the hell is Monique doing here?

Eric lead her into his room and someone closed the door. I heard a bit of a discussion until all I could her was whispering, not actual words. It was completely quiet for like 2 seconds until I heard Eric yell, "Get out!!! And I don't want to see you here again!!" Suddenly the door flew open, which was my cue to shut the door and leap to my desk. I heard the front door slam and Eric came bursting into my room seconds later.

"What was that all about Er?" I asked. "Monique just tried to kiss me, and I'm positive that wasn't her full intention." He replied shuddering. "Eric you need to tell Carson! You could also throw in how much we both hate her." I exclaimed. "You're right! He's got to dump her! I'm inviting him over right now." He said excitedly before heading to his room to text his friend. I'm assuming that Carson agreed to come because 10 minutes later the doorbell rang and Eric was down the stairs in seconds.

Eric POV

"Hey dude!" I smiled when I opened the door. "Hey bro what's up?" He asked as he came in. "Actually lots. Wanna go to the basement?" I suggested leading the way.

We got downstairs and sat on the couch and I began. "So how have things been with Monique?" I asked. "Great! She's amazing!" He gushed. "Really? Because she was actually just here." I mentioned sort of awkwardly. "Oh! I didn't know that she was friends with Ariel. That's great the four of us could hang out some time!"

"Actually they're not friends. Monique hates Ari and she's been telling her to stay away from you ever since you guys started going out." I confessed, waiting for his reaction. "No that can't be right. Why would Monique hate Ariel?" He questioned. "Well other than the fact that she thinks Ari is trying to steal us away from her, I don't really know." I offered. "Wait. So that means she came to see you! Why did she come to see you?" He asked looking as confused as ever.

"Well she said that you guys were having problems and she needed my help, so we went up to my room to talk about it and next thing I know she's on top of my trying to kiss me. I swear dude I pushed her off before she could kiss me." I finished, hoping he would believe me. "You're lying." He began. "No Cars-" "Shut up! You're jealous that I have a girl as great as Moni do you're trying to break us up!" He decided. "No Car you have to hear me out. She's faking it. I don't know why she's pretending around you, maybe to increase her popularity? I don't know. But-" I explained but got interrupted again.

"No Eric. You're lying. I can't believe it! My best friend! How do you benefit from this? Do you think maybe she'll want to date you if I dump her?" He asked looking hurt, angry and betrayed. "Please Carson you have to believe me! Give me one reason why I would purposely ruin your relationship." I tried. "I don't know Eric. But I'm leaving." I tried to stop him but I knew Carson. He was leaving.

I sat on the couch in the basement replaying what had just happened in my head. I heard the front door open and then slam shut hinting that he was gone. Well now what am I going to do?