5

"What's up Mom?" Eric asked when we got into the kitchen.

"Carson you remember Eric and Ariel's cousin Evelyn?" My mom started. "The one that used to babysit us a lot during the summer when we were little? Ya I remember her!" Carson said. "Great! Well, she's getting married she's inviting you to her wedding." My mother exclaimed. "She's coming over with her fiancé Daniel tonight for dinner we can talk about everything and so Daniel can meet Carson. Oh and so she talk to Ariel about the bridesmaid thing." My mom added.

Carson looked a bit confused. "She's inviting me? But I haven't seen her in like 10 years." "I know but Evie and Daniel are more of the the-more-the-merrier type. So they're having a big wedding with lots of people! I did ask her about it and she said that it would probably also be more enjoyable for Eric and Ariel since there won't be many kids there that they know." My mother explained.

"Oh, okay. Well it will be great to see her again!" Carson responded. "Ya I haven't seen her in a while either." Eric added. "Okay well that's all. You guys are free to go." And with my mothers word I went downstairs to see if anything good was on TV. "Oh hi sweetie. Your dad got called into work and I have a couple of errands to run so it will just be you and the boys for a while." My mom said when she noticed me on her way to the door. "Okay! Bye Mom!" I said turning my attention back to Dance Moms.

Shortly after I heard the doorbell ring. "Eric! Carson's mom is here!" I called out as I got up to answer the door. "Hi Mrs. Matthews! Come in!" I said when I saw her. "Hello Ariel. How are you?" She asked while walking inside. We made small talk for a couple of minutes until they came down. "Hey Mom." Carson said when he got to the bottom of the stairs. "Ari where are Mom and Dad?" Eric asked. "Work and shopping." I simply replied. "Well thank them for having Carson over for me okay?" Mrs. Matthews asked. I nodded and said that I would. Then Eric and I said goodbye to Carson and his mom and I closed the door behind them.

I went up to my room and went on my laptop for a bit. Listening to music, going on tumblr, getting caught up on the newest celeb gossip. You know, the usual. I had been there for about an hour when Eric came knocking on my door telling me that our mom was home and needed help bringing stuff inside. I went downstairs and helped her out and when we were done I started helping Eric get the house ready for Evelyn, Daniel and to a lesser extent, Carson.

Soon enough it was 4:00 and everything was ready. Carson would be coming over at 5:00 and Evelyn and Daniel will be here around 6:00.

"I'm going to go get ready Mom!" I called through the house. "Okay!" I heard her yell back from somewhere.

I went into my bathroom, locked the door and got in the shower. Eric always yells at me because I take too long but I think 20 minutes is reasonable, no? Once I was done my shower I wrapped my hair up in a towel and threw on a hoodie and some sweatpants so I could go downstairs and ask my mom how dressed up I need to be for this. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I heard her talking to my dad about tonight. "Hi Daddy!" I cheered giving him a hug. "Hey mermaid!" He said returning the hug. "What should I wear tonight Mom?" I asked. "A summer dress like you always wear will be fine honey." She said after a moment of thought. "Awesome! Thanks Mom!"

I ran upstairs and started putting on my usual amount of makeup consisting of mascara and concealer. Once I was satisfied with that it was 4:45. I went to my closet and picked out a strapless purple sundress that came to about mid-thigh and put it on. There. I grabbed a pair of white ballet flats and headed downstairs. Just as I reached the bottom, the doorbell rang. Since I knew Eric wouldn't get it I went over to let Carson in. I opened the door and we both sort of just stood there. He was wearing dark jeans and a light blue button up shirt rolled up to his elbows. He looked good. I cleared my throat. "Hi Carson, some on in. " "Uh ya, hey Ari." He said kind of awkwardly. I stepped out of the way so he could come in, and called Eric down. Once he was down I went to the kitchen to help my mother. The hour passed by quickly and soon enough there was a knock on the door.