15

She stared at me, confusion written all over her face. "Can I come in?" I asked her. She nodded and stepped aside. "Do you remember when we first met?" I asked her. She sat on the couch silent for a moment until I saw a smile creep onto her face and she nodded. "The first thing I said to you was that you had to call me Princess Ariel. And then you and Eric were my knights in shining armor." I nodded. "Yep."

"So you never answered my question. What are you doing here? Eric's at football practice." She asked me. I gulped and opened my mouth.

"This house is where I saw you for the first time. Casting a spell on a wilted dandelion to make it grow. When my mom picked me up that day I told her that you were a princess. And the princess that you were on that day 12 years ago, is the princess that you still are today. To tell you the truth, the only reason I asked out Monique was to get my mind off of you because I knew that I had no chance with you. But after I broke up with her, I spilled everything I felt about you to Eric. He told me that if I didn't get my butt over here to tell you now, I would regret it. So I'm sorry for kissing you and leaving, I was just scared of what you would say or do. But now I don't really care and I'm here to tell you that I really like you Ariel. Since the day I met you I knew you were special, and I need to know how you feel about me." I sat there quietly, never taking my eyes off of her. Watching her process everything I had just told her.

Ariel POV

I just sat there staring at him. Did he say he liked me? The thing that stuck out most to me was that he said he has liked me since we were little. There I was feeling stupid that I had liked him for like 6 years, but he has liked me for double that! And Eric approves! That's what shocked me the most.

"Ari?" He said, pulling me out of my thoughts. I had almost forgotten he was there. "Sorry I'm just in a bit of shock. I never thought that you would like me back!" I told me smiling. "Really?" He asked grinning like a maniac. I nodded and he pulled me into a hug. I felt so comfortable, so safe in his embrace.

He let me go and ran up the stairs. What the hell? I sat there very confused until he came running back down the stairs with something in a plastic bag. "What's that?" I asked with a giggle.

He ignored my question and took my hands. "I like you a lot and you like me. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked nervously.

"I would love to!" I smiled hugging him. "Then in that case, this is for you!" He reached into the bag and pulled out Eric's stuffed dragon. I laughed and took the dragon. "Now, whenever you see that dragon, think of me, not Eric." He smirked. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. We spent the rest of the day cuddled on the couch with movies and when Eric came home he let out a "Finally!!" And joined us.

"We should've done this a while ago!" I pointed out. "Now I have two cuddle buddies!" They both laughed and they each gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Awww my two favourite boys!" I cooed. And at that moment, cuddled up with my boyfriend and my brother, everything was perfect.

Then the next day rolled around and I had to go to school.

I walked in with Eric and we went over toward Carson and the group. He have me a hug, a kiss on the cheek and told me I looked beautiful while I tried to avoid eye contact with Monique at all costs. I think Carson noticed my discomfort because he offered to walk me to my locker, which I hesitantly declined. I could feel Monique's glare burning into the back of my head as I left and I knew I would be seeing more of her today.

I had just finished a brief conversation with Keira and Clarissa at my locker. Just as I turned around to head to class I was shoved roughly against the locker.

"Not a boyfriend stealer, eh?" Monique growled. "Well I'm warning you, break up with him or I will make your life miserable. And if you tell him I'm the reason you dumped him, I'll make your life miserable anyways. And trust me, you do not want to know what I'm capable of." She shoved me against the locker once more and strutted away like she owned the freaking school. I stood there shocked before shaking it off and heading off to English.

I didn't really pay much attention to what Mr. Humfrey was saying that morning. I was too busy thinking.

Should I tell Carson about what Monique said? No he would confront her and she would get mad. I can't break up with him. I finally got him after 6 years!

I finally decided to talk to Evelyn about it. She had just returned from her honeymoon with Daniel and I hadn't talked to her in a while.

I spent the rest of the day trying to stay clear of Monique. It was pretty easy actually.

I got into Eric's car at the end of the day and he drove us home. "Hey Ari Carson's gonna come over later, kay?" He mentioned while we drove. "Okay. By the way I texted Evie and I'm going over to her house after so you can have Eric and Carson time." I said, slightly disappointed that a Monique-free opportunity to hang out with Eric was gone.

We pulled in and I texted Evie that I was home, to which she replied, "okay hun give me 5". Within that 5, Carson arrived. I answered the door, accepted my kiss on the cheek and explained where I was going. "Hey Princess?" He suddenly asked. "Yeeeeees?" "I just realized that I don't have your phone number!" He chuckled. I giggled as well and he gave me his phone. I typed in my number and took a quick selfie looking as weirdly fabulous as ever. Then I sent a text to myself and saved his number in my own phone.

As I gave it back, I heard Evelyn honk her car horn, so I hugged Carson, yelled goodbye to my brother and mother and left with my cousin.

I sat down in the passenger seat and Evelyn started backing out. One we were on the road she turned to face me. "You said this was an emergency. Spill sweetheart."