PERSUATION

⭕⭕⭕⭕
{MAHIR}
It was dinner time with granddad and me and Bela were sitting adjacent to him.
I never expected this to happen. I was being jealous of her grandfather. But then that wasn't my fault. If she didn't cared about telling me, who is the person she values more than me, I am bound to get jealous!
I was sorry for thinking ill about him, but he was wonderful. Probably, now I know why I fell for his granddaughter.
Her generosity, kindness, loving nature was from her grandfather. Otherwise, who survives the family torture without being harsh. Even I couldn't help myself.
I am mean and cruel when I need to be. And sometimes even when not needed.
When I entered the room, I at once knew that Bela hasn't told him anything about our reality. Otherwise, who showers his love on the man, who abandoned his granddaughter.
Today, I felt like I had someone in my life, who would bless me without asking anything in return. But then I realized, I have no connections with Bela. How am I related to her grandfather? No way.

"So... what I can say by seeing you both..not talking to each other...am sure you both had a fight.", Granddad announced and Christina laughed.
"No.. Daniel it's not that.", Bela tried to cover up.
Even I thought I should help, "No.. nothing like that."
He turned to Christina, "They think I was born a bachelor and will die like one.", and then turned to us, "These white hairs you see..are not because of old age, they are because of experience."
This time we both stayed quiet. He was indeed correct.
"Just make sure that with every fight, the love between you two increases ten folds. Fighting isn't wrong for a couple then.", I smiled knowing it's hard for her to lie.
Not from her side, but from mine, the love I have for her is increasing every time I am seeing her.
But damn! This very moment, I felt a rage run through me. Why she had to hide this from me?  Why she had to deprive me of someone this good? Why she thinks this ill of me? Why she hates me so much?
Not loving her and then being hated by her was okay with me, but now loving her and then being hated was hurting me badly. I was disappointed.
I don't know for how many days, she planned to hide it from me?!
On top of that, she's been hiding everything about us from her grandfather. Dumping all the shit of this world into herself.
Now I know why she didn't want to make it public! She didn't fear the world but her grandfather.
I am not going to talk to her, now. We are separated and the more I'll see her, the more my feelings will intensify.

Dinner was done. We bid adieu to grandad, promising him to come back soon.

I was out of the mansion and she was following me closely.
The guards bowed before us, and we left.
We had to walk at least a two kilometers distance before a cab picks us up. I didn't call Bruce because he must be in the office and Richard was at the airport to receive Mr. Petkoff. I didn't bring my car and so I had to suffer. And the one walking behind me too.

I didn't look behind. I didn't want to. But I could feel her walking behind me. Her presence radiated warmth, and I could feel it well. It felt awesome.

"Mr. Sehgal...", I hear her say but didn't turn and kept on walking.
"Please... listen..!", I had to stay stern, and so I kept on walking and didn't turn.
"Mr. Sehgal..", she held my hand and that touch made me shiver lightly. However, I composed myself in seconds. And took back my hand.
It was getting hard to avoid her, with so much love in my heart. To get a hold on myself, I take out my phone and dialled Alice's number.

"Hey Alice..tell me all about my schedule from today till the next Monday.", I was asking absurd question just to get myself engaged. Who the hell wants to know the office schedule! I just want to tell her, that I won't listen to anything, she going to say.

{BELA}
Walking ahead of me and avoiding me furiously, he was listening Alice on the phone. The schedule for next whole week!
I decided to stop myself.
Rather I should be angry, on why he followed me and sneaked in behind me.
But mine act was more offensive. Hiding everything from him. He's my husband after all.
We walked for long and then finally the cab arrived.
I see the time and it was 10:40pm.
We'll not reach their before midnight.
I expected him to lash at me. I expected him to ask questions from me. But this silent treatment was killing me right now.
"Take us first to MS's office and then mansion.", He told the cabman and he nodded.
I sat there quietly and he kept on working on his phone.
I wanted to talk to him but restrained because of the cabman was also there. I preferred to stay silent.
And in no time, I fell asleep.