Chapter 22

"I was wondering, maybe you could be my partner?" he asked quietly, getting even closer. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him away a little.

    "W-well I-I... let me um think about it." I stammered. I wasn't stupid, I knew what was going on.

    "C'mon, it would be great. We would definitely win.." he was literally only an inch away from my face, his warm breath spreading across my face.

    "I-I can't.." I started getting really nervous at that point.

    "Don't deny what you feel, (Y/N).." his voice was deep and seductive. Fresh fear began pumping in my blood.

    "We would be perfect partners.." he whispered.

    I was just about to kick him in the wrong spot, but then a voice sounded from behind him.

    "She's already got a partner, BEN." Jeff's voice sounded threatening. BEN went rigid, but he stayed in place.

    "Move." Jeff demanded.

    "I thought you didn't care?" BEN countered.

    BEN was instantly ripped away from me, and I took a breath of relief. Jeff turned BEN around to face him. He grabbed his collar and looked at him dead in the eyes.

    "You touch her again, there are going to be some serious problems." Jeff warned. BEN glared right back, and I knew what was about to go down.

    "(Y/N), how about you pick who your partner is?" BEN suggested with a smug expression on his face.

    Wait what? I mean, it was a good way to prevent the fight but it would probably add another problem to my list. An enemy. I stood in silence for a second or longer.

    "We're listening." Jeff growled, releasing BEN's collar.

    Considering the fact that BEN almost took advantage of me, Jeff was probably the best choice.

    "Jeff." I exhaled, looking away from BEN. I could feel the atmosphere get 10x more intense.

    "You're going to regret that decision." BEN's voice went from smug to deep and demonic. My eyes widened.

    "Go." Jeff ordered, and I didn't hesitate to get a head start.

    I bolted down the hallways. I could hear the crashes of BEN and Jeff fighting. Yelling and threats followed. I wasn't thinking straight and I accidentally took a wrong turn into the wrong room.

    The TV glitched all of the sudden, and some creepy-*ss version of BEN showed up on the screen. I froze, numbness crawling up my legs and preventing me from running.

    I heard an angry curse from Jeff and loud footsteps charging down the hallway toward me.

    "You shouldn't have done that!" BEN said, jumping out of the TV. My heart exploded and the feeling in my legs returned. He missed me by an exact inch.

    I ran toward the door, desperately trying to escape. But BEN jumped in front of me, blocking my way. I tried to turn away but instead I tripped and yelped.

   The other proxies must have been hearing what was going on! Why didn't they help?

    "JEFF!" I shouted as BEN tackled me to the ground. He pinned my wrists above my head and I got a good look at his demonic face. Blood rushed down his cheeks from his jet-black eyes, and he glitched severely. He revealed a long needle and smiled devilishly. I felt a pinch on the side of my neck. I screamed, thrashing around.