Chapter 10

I pried my eyes open, blinking. My head pounded. Whatever hit me, hit me hard. I groaned. My eyesight was a little blurry, everything was spinning.

Beside me, I heard loud clattering and angry curses.

"Jeff?" I whispered, my thoughts slowly returning.

"Well good morning sunshine! Glad you could join the party." Jeff snapped.

I ignored him, mentally rolling my eyes. "What happened?" I asked. All I could remember was getting hit in the head. In a flash, I realized I was in chains. They were bound on my wrists and ankles, keeping me hanging a foot off the ground. Not again..

"We got knocked out." he pointed out the obvious.

"What were you doing down there anyway?" I puffed, ignoring his blunt answer. I looked around, waiting for his response. We were in a cave still, with jagged rocks shooting up from the grounds and bones scattered on the ground. A tall gap showed in the rock wall that had metal bars falling from the top. It looked almost impossible to break.

"Slenderman told me to keep a close eye on you guys, but to make sure I wasn't seen. I had to report to him if anything happened." he explained with a sigh at the end.

"Then why did you come running instead of going to Slenderman?" I asked.

"Enough with the questions!" he hissed, followed by angry thrashes.

"Fine, sorry." I growled.

"Can you shift?" Jeff asked after a moment of struggles.

"Um.. I'll try," I said wearily. I closed my eyes and tried to do as he asked. A pulse of electricity shocked through my body. I shrieked, my eyes shooting open.

"Great. Now the people who kidnapped us are going to come running." Jeff complained.

"How was I supposed to know it would shock me!" I retorted after the pain subsided.

He growled in response. Sure enough, just like Jeff had said, a weird looking creature slinked into the room we were in.

"Seems like they're awake." It said. It had a deep, eerie voice with a slight rasp to it. It was tall, but a little shorter than Slenderman. It had grey eyes, with pointed ears and slim fingers that lead to long, dirty fingernails.

Jeff stopped struggling and gaped at the creature.

Another one came in, an exact replica except it looked way more powerful. Must've been the leader.

"Welcome to our home," it smiled cruelly, causing me to shudder, "We are so glad to have you here!"

Jeff started thrashing again, yelling angry curses at them. I stayed completely still, looking at the key they used to open the bars.

"Feisty one, eh?" He chuckled.

"Who are you?" I asked carefully.

"Good question," his smile got even wider, revealing his sharp, brown teeth.

"We are the Volliars, enemies of the one called Slenderman. It's very rare we get a visit from one of his.. helpers. Although you," he pointed to me, "You're new."

Jeff's eyes widened in recognition. I decided I would ask him what he knew later.

"Where's BEN?" I asked. I hadn't thought about him. Anxiety tightened my chest as I thought about what they could've done to him.

"I do not know what you are talking about, you two are the only people that I know of that was brought here." he looked pretty honest, but I still didn't think he was telling the truth. I decided I would get BEN out when I had the chance.