AW || 32

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
_________________________

• C H A P T E R  T H I R T Y - T H R E E •_________________________

Interview with
Sebastian

"Did you have intentions on getting Arielle pregnant?"

"Next question please"
-

________________
April 27th (The following day)
UCLA Medical Center
Santa Monica, CA

Arielle
9:15 am

*Monitor beeping*

"Dear?....Can you hear me?....Come on back, honey" a soft voice encouraged Arielle as she started to wake up.

After getting the attention of everyone in the room, the young woman started to come to and opened her eyes. Lowering them immediately due to the sensitivity of the bright lights surrounding her, Arielle woke up in cold sweat from her troubling night before. Overwhelmed, Jasmine got up immediately to show her face and rushed in to be her sister's support as the doctors approached too.

"Good morning, Ms Lewis. How are you feeling today?" Doctor Burtran asked as she checked the monitors next to her.

"....I feel nauseous...and my head is pounding..." Arielle complained in a weakened voice as Jasmine came over to gently rub her head.

"All common symptoms of a hangover. Do you remember anything that happened yesterday? How's your memory?"

"....I don't...I don't know. All I remember is....crying...and losing it, I guess....I don't know why"

"Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...last night you were found unresponsive and heavily intoxicated in your home. You were rushed to the emergency room and we did multiple tests and...turns out you are pregnant and at risk of losing the child"

Staring at the doctor, Arielle looked down as tears started to form within her eyes.

"Now...we're going to keep doing some more test to make sure that...you're still carrying the fetus at this point because your levels of alcohol last night were extremely dangerous. And as your doctor, I am responsible for looking after your physical health as well as your mental health. So...I need to know your reasons behind getting intoxicated last night knowing you were with child" The doctor sat down on the bed.

"–I can't remember..." Arielle cried, wiping her tears as Jasmine rubbed her back.

"Do you want to have this child, honey?"

"If I'm being honest...no, but....it would be selfish of me to turn my back...you know. I never wanna be that person"

"May I ask you a personal question, and it's okay if you do not want to answer. Does...the father of this child knows and is he supportive?"