Ch 15- Under the Sea

((I'm sorry, everyone. I know I promised that the Book of Circus would be the next Arc, but that would take up too much time and make this book too long. So, I'm going to continue on a different path. If I've upset anyone, I'm sorry.

Also, this may seem like another OVA, but it's more to show the relationship between Ciel and Jill. I hope you enjoy!))

Jill knocked on the large mahogany door, a silver tray under her other arm. "Young Master? It is Jill."

"Come in," a muffled, congested voice replied.

She pushed the door open and walked into the room, closing it behind her but leaving it open a crack. "I brought your soup. Just how you like it."

Ciel had woken up that morning coughing with a sore throat, stuffed nose, and a fever. He said he had been achy the night before, but everyone assumed it was from overworking. "It is about bloody time." Even with being sick, he still had a slight temper. She set the tray down and helped him sit up against his mountain of pillows.

"Sorry, Young Master," she said as she pulled the covers back up under his arms. "Prince Soma put some Indian herbs in your soup he said would make you feel better, but Sebastian did not really trust his judgment, so he made a new pot when the Young Prince was not looking. I also took the time to make you a special ginger tea that will help with your throat." They were staying at the townhouse while investigating a new case, meaning spending some time with Agni and Soma. She picked up the tray and placed it across his lap. "Will there be anything else, My Lord."

"No," he replied as he picked up his spoon and ate a bite of his soup. "You are excused." She bowed her head and walked toward the door, her gloved fingertips barely touching the knob. "Wait." She turned back to see his eyes on the comforter and his spoon in his bowl. He pulled a book out from under his pillow and ran his hands over the cover. "My mother used to read this to me when I got sick as a child." She noticed the slight wear and tear of the book, meaning she read it a lot. "Would you...?" His eyes met hers for a few seconds before he looked away in embarrassment.

She smiled before walking forward and pulling a chair up beside his bed. She held her hand out and he placed the book in it. She flipped through a few chapters before deciding on a story.

"Wait," Ciel ordered, causing her to pause mid word, her mouth slightly agap as she looked up at him in surprise. "Before you start, I want to know something, and I do not want to hear any lies."

"Of course, Young Master," Jill replied, bowing her head slightly.

"I want to know why you traded your soul for mine," Ciel said bluntly, making her look up at him in shock.

"Young Master, I-," Jill tried to explain.

"No, Jill," Ciel interupted. "No more walking around the truth. I want to know here and now. Why did you do it?" His gaze told her he would not take no for an answer. "What did you gain from it?"

Jill looked away, almost in guilt but there was another emotion mixed there as well. "Nothing."

"Jill, what did I just-?" Ciel started, sounding slightly angry.

"I gained nothing from trading my soul for yours," Jill interupted, "except that I will know you get to live on with a second chance at being happy." A sad smile graced her features as a tear slid down her cheek. Ciel's eyes widened. "From the moment I met you, you were like the little brother I never got to have. I felt closer to you than I did with my own twin. Trading my soul did scare me, but not as much as the thought of losing you. You deserve another chance, Young Master. You deserve it more than anyone else I know." She looked down in surprise as Ciel's hand slipped into her own, their fingers locking together.