Ch 7- All in a Days Work

((Just to let you know, so there isn't any confusion, most of the chapter will be Sebastian narrating.))

A butler's morning begins early. He finishes his job later than anyone else in the evening and begins it earlier than anyone else in the evening. That is the duty of a butler who manages the entirety of the manor.

Sebastian stood in front of the mirror in his room, straightening his black tie.

"My hair has gotten far too long, has it not?" he said to himself as he held the longer strands of his hair between his index finger and thumb, his white gloves standing out. "Ah, willing it shorter will not do." He tucked his hair behind his ears, leaving the shorter part of the long strands to frame his face. "It can not be done about how troublesome humanity is." He slipped on his black tail coat, buttoned it, and tightened his gloves. "Well then, shall we be off?" He walked from his room to begin his daily routine.

First is the assignment of the daily tasks to the servants.

He walked into the kitchen. Mey-Rin, Finny, and Bard sat up straight when they saw him. Well, at least Mey-Rin and Finny did. Bard was still half asleep.

"Good morning, everyone. It is nearly time to begin," Sebastian greeted. "Mey-Rin will services the linens, Finny will trim the trees in the garden, and Bard will take care of the lunch preparations, please. Mr. Tanaka, please drink your tea."

"Yes!" Mey-Rin saluted.

"Okaaaaay!" Finny exclaimed excitedly.

"Hm-hmmm," Bard said groggily.

"Ho. Ho. Ho," Tanaka replied as usual.

"Now, if you understand, please hurry to your assigned places. No shacking off!" Sebastian said seriously with a clap of his hands, their expressions turning serious as well.

Once the servants have been propelled into action, next is to prepare for awakening the head of the family, ready breakfast and early morning tea.

Sebastian pushed the tea cart down the long hall, the wheels barely making any noise.

"Excuse me," Sebastian said as he knocked on the door. "Good morning, Young Master. It is time to wake up." He pulled the curtains open to let the sunshine in. "Today's weather is pleasant."

Ciel rubbed his eye as he looked sleepily at the tall butler.

At twelve, my households master, Ciel Phantomhive, is the head of a family that governs a vast domain. At the same time, he is the face of the president of the Fantom Company, producer of toys and confectionaries. Through his sly... ahem... extremely gifted management techniques, the Fantom Company grew into a giant company in the blink of an eye.

"Today's is Assam (presumably a type of tea)?" Ciel yawned as Sebastian poured a cup of warm tea for him. His hair stuck out in places, not yet styled for the day.

"Just as expected from Young Master," Sebastian smiled as he placed the tea cup on a saucer and held it out for him. "Since I had heard that Assam offered fine tea leaves, I sent away for some from the place itself."

Ciel took the cup off the saucer and sipped it as he said, "By the way, I invited the children from Lord Barton's orphanage here."

The wealth of the nobles is there for the sake of contributing to society. Those excess riches are given to charities to be used by the people. The noted Phantomhive family is no different, performing volunteer actions for the public.

"That sounds like an excellent idea," Sebastian smiled as he placed a hand to his chest. "When will it be?"

"Tomorrow," Ciel replied, taking another sip of his tea.