Ch 10- That Governess, Defending

The sky was dark and grey outside as the silvery, white flacks fell slowly.

"Whoa~ It's snow!" Finny said happily as he danced around outside.

"It's too big!" Mey-Rin cried as she tried to put build a snowman thats head was too big.

"With a stone inside, it will become lethal!" Bard said as he packed snowballs around small rocks.

Tanaka sat quietly in his makeshift igloo as he sipped his tea.

Winter in England is a grey season that is enveloped by thick and heavy snow. After the series of murders by Jack the Ripper, London has returned to its peaceful state. But only for a brief time.

A crowd look before them as police officers on the scene try to push them back.

There was a strange case involving British citizens who had recently returned from India being continuously attacked, stripped of everything but their underpants, and hung upside down from the eaves of the Hindustani coffee house in Portland Square. Since then, the Noblemen or soldiers who had returned from India were meeting the same fate from time to time. Those victims all had the same papers stuck to them...

'Watch this, you wild, pathetic chosen children of sloth and depravity. England is the motherhood of the devil. It steals everything and forces its worthless, rotten, and decadent culture on you instead! To all the bitch-dominated idiots of this land, you are the ones that deserve the vengeance of Heaven! Now, the day has come!'

Always with a tongue at the bottom.

"Damn it!" Lord Randall, chief of the Scotland Yard, said as he crumbled the letter in his hand. "You haven't apprehended the culprit yet, Aberline?"

"My apologies!" Fred Aberline, an officer of Scotland Yard, said as sweat dripped down his face from below his fedora.

"Feh," Randall scoffed, "and all the glory of catching Jack the Ripper was stolen from us by that little brat..."

"Sorry for being such a brat," Ciel said sarcastically as he came walking up, making them both jump, Sebastian and Jill behind him.

"Earl Phantomhive!" Randall said in a surprised voice.

"Hey, you! How the Hell did you get in here? And with a woman at your side?" Aberline asked, making Jill raise an annoyed brow at him, as Randall held a hand out to stop him.

"Lord Phantomhive..." Lord Randall said in slight anger. "Why are you here?"

"Heh," Ciel laughed. "Is it not obvious? I am here to clean up the mess made by an old, pathetic, hunting dog." He snatched the paperwork from Aberline's hand and began looking it over.

"What the...!" Randall screeched.

"Hmm. Is that so... A crime targeted only at people who have returned to England from India. I see the victims are not dead."

"Don't just-!" Randall howled as Jill quickly pulled an envelope from her overcoat and pushed it in front of his face.

"If it was just a highwayman, I would not get involved. However, I will not sit by and watch the Royal family be insulted," Ciel smiled smugly as Randall looked at the Royal seal on the envelope in anger. "The criminals are described as 'chosen children of sloth and depravity' which is quite accurate." He handed the papers to Sebastian and Jill to look over. "I agree that England would be better off without India's wealthy upstarts."

At the present time, a lot of British settlers were living in Britain's Indian colonies. The third or fourth child from upper class families who can not afford luxurious lives in England can live like aristocrats in India. Those who return from India are called Anglo India. Those who can not leave the lazy lifestyle due to the luxury they found in India are called Indian upstarts.