"You're gonna have to learn how to wrap presents yourself, I won't always be able to do it for you," she said.

Gerard nodded and she taught him how to wrap the gift. He could hardly wait all day and as soon as Frank came over, he tackled him in a hug. The parents all gave their friendly introductions before heading to the kitchen. That left frank and Gerard alone in the living room.

"I got you something," Gerard said.

"We agreed on no gifts," Frank said.

Gerard handed him the box, a huge grin on his face.

"This is big," Frank said. "Gerard, come on. You know I don't like gifts."

"You can hate me all you want but just open it up first," he said.

Frank sighed and unwrapped the gift, freezing when he saw what it was.

"A guitar?" He asked. "Y-you bought me my first guitar?"

"You like it?" Gerard asked.

Frank looked up at him with watery eyes.

"Gerard, this is amazing," he whispered. "I-I don't know how to repay you."

"You don't have to," he said. "This is an apology gift to make up for all the bullshit that we've both had to put up with because of the notes. And as an apology for lindsey being a bitch to you."

Frank pulled the acoustic guitar out of the box, strumming it a couple of times.

"Gerard, oh my god, this is seriously the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me," he said. "I-I don't even know what to say. This is...holy shit."

"I'm glad that you like it," Gerard said.

Frank nodded, giving him a soft kiss.

"Boys! Dinner!" Donna called.

They went to the kitchen, all sitting around the table.

"Thank you for inviting us over," Linda said.

"Of course, I just hope we didn't interrupt any plans that you might have had," Donna said.

"Honestly, we aren't too big on holidays," she said. "But it's so nice to finally meet you, Gerard has been such a sweetheart."

"He always is," she said, smiling proudly at her son.

Donald passed out plates and Frank looked like he might pass out at the large piece of reddish steak on his plate.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry, I forgot to say that Frank is a vegetarian," Gerard said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, hon," Donna said. "We still have the vegetables and mashed potatoes and if you want I can warm something up for you. We have some tofu I can cook up in just a few minutes."

"No, it's okay," Frank said. "I-I've kind of lost my appetite, anyways."

They ate quietly and Frank poked at his green beans, which were on a new, clean plate. It was mostly the adults who talked, having their quiet, polite conversations. Everyone moved to the living room and watched Christmas movies until it grew late.

"I need to get going, I have my shift starting at midnight," Linda said. "Come on, Frankie, let's go."

"He's allowed to stay the night, if he wants," Donna offered.

"Can I, mom, please?" Frank asked.

"Alright, I will see you tomorrow, then," Linda said. "Call me if you need anything."