Sleep Alone

The night continued on, the moon now past its apex. Far from the florescent city lights, the sight of the stars was to die for. It was beautiful, and you were in awe at how many you could see this far out in the middle of nowhere. Though if you looked to the horizon past the trees, you could still see the faint glow of Seoul.

The night was slowly starting to wind down, people were yawning and lazing in their chairs, and even you felt the faint ping of drowsiness.

The suggestion was thrown that everyone turn in. Nova looked like she was about to fall asleep in her chair, meaning if you were to go home now, you'd have to drive. But exhaustion was setting in the longer you stared at the fire, the flames hypnotic and lulling.

Sighing, you figured it would be fine to stay. The night had overall gone pretty well. No one was fighting and no punches were thrown. Standing up from your seat, you walked over to Hoseok and asked which tent was yours and Nova's. He gestured to one on the end, explaining how he had already filled it with blankets and pillows. You smiled and thanked him.

Moving over, you went to gather up your best friend. But just as you were about to grab her arm, Hoseok stood to stop you.

"Would you mind if I borrowed her for the night?" Hoseok asked in a low whisper.

You raised a brow as you turned your head to him, questioning his intentions given she was barely awake.

He licked at his lips nervously and raised a hand to rub at the back of his neck. "She's leaving in a few days. I just want to keep her close while I can." He said with an averted gaze.

Releasing a sigh, you nodded apprehensively. "Alright. But no funny business or I'll ruin you." His eyes widened at your threat. It should be fine. Plus, this meant that you'd get the tent to yourself. Hoseok silently thanked you and moved to pick up Nova bridal style and started to carry her toward his tent.

You made your way to your own, crouching down to step inside, a plethera of pillows and blankets scattered about. It looked cozy. Smiling to yourself, you started to make a 'nest' for yourself as you sat down and gathered up the pillows around you.

You kicked your shoes off and were about to burrow yourself into the blankets. Leaning over you zipped the tent closed.

Snuggling into the blankets, you pulled out your phone and began to scroll through your social media while you waited for sleep to consume you, losing track of the time as you eventually ended up on some phone game you had downloaded, getting wrapped up in it rather quickly as it was adrenaline based.

Startled, you almost dropped your phone square on your face when you heard the zipper of your tent start to be pulled down. The device flew from your fingers as your eyes shot to the small opening that was slowly getting bigger. Your brows raised in question of who the hell was coming into your tent.

Namjoon? It better be Namjoon. You thought to yourself in anticipation. Just as the flap was nearly ajar, you opened your mouth and were about to call out to the man you hoped would be the only one daring enough to enter your tent at this hour.

"N--" You barely got the first letter out before the person's head popped into the enclosure. Bright pink hair was illuminated by the moon as he came fully into view.

"Jimin?!" You said in a surprised, slightly raised in volume, whisper.

He offered you a bright, almost child like smile that concealed his eyes.

"What're you doing?" You kept your voice low given the tents nearby likely contained comatose people and you didn't want to wake anyone.

"I couldn't sleep..." Jimin whined softly, dropping his smile to a frown.

Before you could respond he added, "Think you're up for an adventure?"

"What?"

"I want to show you something." He said, his smile brightening up the night as he looked at you and extended his hand out for you to take.

You shifted your gaze down in thought, hesitating slightly as you worried what would happen if someone were to catch you. You bit down on your lower lip, rapidly trying to come to a decision as he eyed you expectantly. The last time he had wanted to show you something, you had ended up a dazed mess.

"Come on. It'll be worth it, I promise." Jimin said soothingly toward you.

His invitation was enticing. Taking a breath, you nodded.

"Alright, fine." You said, offering him back a soft smile, though you didn't take his hand. "Let me get my shoes on." You quickly grabbed your sneakers and laced them onto your feet.

But just as you had finished, Jimin raised his hand back up for you to take. There was a faint bit of hesitation that you could feel weighing your hand down, but you raised it nonetheless and took his hand into yours.

He helped you from the tent, offering a quiet 'Shhh' and pressing his finger to his lips as the two of you began to leave the camp site.

You kept quiet until you were well out of sight.