Gathered Together

You offered to help set the table while the food was cooking. Jin had suggested that you all sit in the living room to eat tonight since there was more room in there, so you grabbed some plates, silverware, and napkins and began to set up.

Namjoon and Jimin were quick to want to help you, while Jungkook helped in the kitchen. You weren't sure where Suga was, but you figured he'd show up when the food was ready, perhaps. He seemed like the lone wolf anyway. Come to think of it, you had no idea where V was either.

Since you didn't know where people were going to want to sit, you had Namjoon put the plates on the large coffee table while Jimin sat forks on top of them. Placing the napkins off to the side, you clapped your hands together and went to sit on the couch while you waited for dinner. Namjoon and Jimin rushed to sit on both sides of you like children, the former taking your hand possessively. You rolled your eyes, this was so not necessary.

Jimin smiled at you warmly, "So, Y/N, how was your day? Do anything exciting?"

Before you could answer, Namjoon chirped from next to you, "Actually, we went to that arcade we all went to with Jungkook last year, the one with the Robocop game, you remember?"

Jimin frowned slightly, a hurt expression on his face. "But...we were supposed to do that together since you had to leave last time."

You bit your lip and looked down, you felt terrible now. Jimin had wanted to go with Namjoon when he went back there, and you had taken that from him. Not expecting for that to hurt Jimin's feelings like that, Namjoon gave him an apologetic pat on the shoulder, "I'm sorry. I didn't know you...we can go back next week, how about that?"

Jimin nodded, but the light in his sweet eyes had noticeably dimmed, and it made your heart clench painfully. "So, what else did you guys do?"

Namjoon scratched the back of his neck, "Do you remember that book store across the street from-"

Before he can finish, Jimin interrupted. "Of course I do. I showed it to you."

The atmosphere in the room had taken a very uncomfortable turn. You were about to try to say something, anything that would make Jimin feel better, when suddenly the front door opened and the sound of loud laughter filled the room. One set of giggles was immensely familiar to you, you would know it anywhere.

Seemed like Hoseok had made his way home with Nova. They both stepped inside and Nova was quick to notice you sitting in the living room with the boys.

"Hey, Y/N!" She said almost seeming a bit nervous as she called over to you, her eyes shifting toward Hoseok for a moment and you could faintly see a blush on her cheeks.

"Oh, look who's back~" You teased with a snicker, crossing your arms over your chest.

Hoseok took her coat and she thanked him before they walked over toward you all.

"So, what'd we miss?" She stuffed her hands into her pockets and tried a little too hard to act casual.

"We were about to eat, Jin's in the kitchen cooking right now." You pointed your thumb in the direction of the noises coming from the kitchen.

"Going to join us?" Namjoon smirked at Nova and gave Hoseok a dark look. After Jimin had said that things that he said earlier about the man standing next to your friend, you were on high alert. You glared at him in warning and he met your eyes, blanching under your gaze.

You couldn't help it, thinking of your best friend having anything to do with someone like him made you see red. But she seemed to be having so much fun and you didn't want to ruin that for her, especially if you turned out to be wrong about the guy. Nova glanced over at Hoseok, trying to figure out why you looked like you wanted to badly injure him, before looking back at you all and smiling. "Sure."