Hold the Hostility

The two of you ordered and the food came quickly. Slowly, the irritation that you held onto earlier began to melt away and your conversation was able to flow more naturally. This was the first time that you were able to have actual fun with Jimin that wasn't riddled with tension. 

How is it he could look so adorable when he ate? Every time he chewed, or smiled for that matter, his cheeks would raise and cover up his eyes. It was the cutest thing you had ever seen. He couldn't understand why you giggled every time he took a bite, and he kept shooting you confused looks. 

Jimin talked a bit about his life as an idol, the type of work he'd done over the years, and places he had seen because of his career. Some things weren't news to you, like their living conditions when they first started and the trials they faced. You had heard most of that from Namjoon. This was one of the moments, however, where his expression went from joy to somber. 

He ended up admitting to previously having an eating problem after he debuted, and he seemed ashamed to admit that the words from the people who 'admired' him effected him so greatly that it effected his eating habits. 

"I think anyone who'd suggest that you change the way you look or act for their own enjoyment, doesn't really care about you." You said back bluntly with a shake of your head.

"They meant well..." Jimin tried to say, defending his fans.

"No, they didn't. They were projecting their desires onto you, who had no obligation to keep them. The main focal point of your career should be your performance, not your appearance." You disagreed with him strongly, despite the fact that you may have been speaking ill of people that Jimin considered the reasons for his success. In your head, those weren't fans. And the thought had instantly irritated the protective side of you.

Despite your harsh words, Jimin smiled. "You sound like the other boys." He said with a soft laugh.

"Well, sounds like they were right then." You agreed in a bit of a cocky manner, glad that he didn't take offense to what you had said.

He began to tell you how he entered Busan High School of Arts as the top student in modern dance and of his little habit of dancing if music came on no matter where he was. His vast experience in the art surprised you, but what surprised you even more was him telling you how he almost got kicked out of the group. You couldn't imagine why, but he didn't go into much detail about it and you didn't want to force it out of him.

"I have to admit, I don't think I was really able to see how well you can dance when I attended the concert." You said with a nervous laugh, hoping he wouldn't be offended by the statement.

He took another bite of his food before setting down his fork to look at you.

"Well, we'll have to fix that then." He said with a smirk, lowering his voice.

"Really now?" You questioned with a cocked brow and a smirk of your own.

He brought his thumb up and licked a bit of sauce from his finger. Your eyes involuntarily shot down to his tongue and your breath hitched. You reached over and took a drink of your water, bringing your eyes back up to his.

"Yes." He added with a grin. "There's no way I can let you go without seeing one of my strongest skill sets." He bit his lip, putting too much emphasis on the words 'one of'.

"Alright, fine." You shrugged with a smile and a soft laugh.

"Speaking of dance, do you?" Jimin questioned as he gave you his full attention.

"Oh, hell no." You shook your head, waving your hands back and forth. "I have no idea how to dance. I'd probably just look like a limp noodle boiling if I were to try." You added with a laugh.

"I highly doubt that." Jimin smiled.

"Well I would." You insisted. You had never been a good dancer. When Nova had dragged you to dances at school, you stood in the corner and rejected any of the boys asking you to join them on the floor. You had two left feet and almost no rhythm in your body to save your life. Even when playing the game 'Just Dance,' the animated DJ practically laughed at you. 

The two of you finished your meal and your eyes had drifted toward the sky line one more time, admiring the sight in its full glory. Again, Jimin seemed more intent on admiring the view across him at the table. You shifted under his gaze, you couldn't handle being stared at. 

"Hey, I have an idea. Are you up for a trip?" Jimin asked, drawing your attention back to him.

"A trip?" 

"It's not far." He promised with a smile.

"Alright." You agreed.

The two of you gathered up your things and began to leave the restaurant. One last time, you looked back at the sky line before heading into the elevator. Jimin helped you pull your jacket back on. This time, though, he didn't let his fingers caress your skin. You frowned, a bit disappointed despite yourself.

"I'm going to assume you're not going to tell me where we're going?" You crossed your arms over your chest as the doors closed and you snuck a peak over at him.

"Where's the fun in that?" Jimin teased. "The unexpected moments are always the sweetest." He added with a soothing tone to his voice.

"Seems like everyone on your team thinks like that." You said with a laugh and a shake of your head as the two of you left. Something about his spontaneous nature excited you, and your heart raced in anticipation of what was to come.