Award Winning

You made it to the ceremony, but you and Nova had to hang back a bit. You both understood, and you watched from the crowd as the boys were ushered down a red carpet and hundreds of paparazzi snapped pictures of them in both candid and posed settings. You sat in the audience and watched as the boys were recognized for their hard work. 

You felt an insane amount of pride bloom in your chest for these men that you had only known for a few days. Not to mention you were pretty happy that you were able to understand most of the short speech Namjoon gave in thanks to the people that helped them achieve the award.

They were humble men, never forgetting to recognize who got them to where they were. Though you weren't sure you still fully grasped exactly how popular they truly were. You mostly just saw seven great, crazy, fun-loving, compassionate, and hilarious men.

The ceremony finished and with some guidance of staff, you and Nova made your way backstage to their waiting room.

You both offered your congratulations for their win, Namjoon smiled a bit brighter after you said that.

Nova went around high-fiving a few of the boys as she seemed just as happy to congratulate them on their success.

"I'm starving. Do you guys want to get something to eat? " Jungkook asked toward the two of you, inviting you both out to dinner with them.

"Yes!" Nova said, smiling brightly at the offer with unfiltered excitement.

Eyes shifted toward you now, assuming that because your friend was going that surely you'd tag along as well.

"Actually, I'm taking Y/N somewhere tonight." Namjoon said, raising a soft hand in rejection as he told the boys that he had actually made plans for the two of you.

Jimin looked your way with frowned brows, seeming suspicious of Namjoon's motives and that gaze was soon directed at Namjoon, now with anger.

"Nova, do you mind if I 'borrow' Y/N for a couple hours?" Namjoon asked politely, not wanting to intrude or leave your friend on her own. Though Hoseok quickly fixed that problem as he wrapped an arm around Nova's shoulders and pulled her into a side hug.

"You'll come with us then?" Hoseok started down at Nova.

She laughed before looking at you, wondering if this situation was really okay with you. It'd be the first time you'd have been separated since you arrived in Korea. You offered her a quick and soft nod of your head that was barely noticeable by anyone else.

She turned to look at Hoseok and nodded. "Let's do it!" She said in agreement to J-hope's question and the man cheered in response.

The group began to split in two, and the remainder of the boys began to head toward the exit. Before they got too far, Nova ran over to you and grabbed your arm. She leaned in to whisper in your ear.

"Be careful, okay? If you need anything, call straight away. I don't care where we are, I'll come get you." She said, showing her support, but also concern as your friend. She leaned back and offered you a serious look but soon added a smile to it. She pulled you in for a quick hug, she could tell you were happy.

"Same to you." You said, giving her a pat on the shoulder and gesturing for her to go.

"Take care of Y/N!" Nova pointed to Namjoon with a wave before releasing you and rushing after the boys.

Jimin had stayed back when he realized Nova wasn't following the boys and waited for her to catch up. Though you caught a glance of that same glare he was giving Namjoon just moments ago. You looked at him questioningly before he turned away from you as Nova caught up with him and began to leave with the other boys.

"That was a bit easier than I expected." You said with a laugh once the others were out of sight. "Then again, she seems to have really taken a liking to your band mates, so I shouldn't be surprised." You added with a shrug.

"Well, I'm glad. What about you? What do you think of them?" Namjoon asked, turning to face you as he stuffed his large hands into the pockets of his pants.

"They're fun. Never a dull moment with you guys." You said with a nod. "Though... I may or may not have a 'bias' towards one of them." You said, playfully using a term you picked up from a quick internet search of the boys and their fans.

Namjoon laughed at your choice of words, he knew the term well. "Really? Should I be worried?" He asked with a grin.

"Maybe." You teased with a shrug, but gave him a knowing smirk.

He turned to the side, getting ready to head toward the exit with you, but glanced back to shoot you a wink that caused your heart beat five times faster.

That cocked brow and that smirk, it was almost like he was doing this on purpose!

When he looked away you quickly bit at your lower lip to calm yourself down, a deep breath barely helping to slow your heart.

Gently, he grabbed your hand and began to head out of the venue to a different exit where a car was waiting for you both.