Chapter 21 (Guitar Part 2)

Feeling refreshed, Nishikata was practicing his guitar in his room, strumming and humming to the tune. Out of nowhere, a voice shouted "Nishikata!".

Nishikata stuttered and began sweating as he undoubtedly recognized the familiar voice. He kept silent and didn't respond, he then heard his front door open with his mom's voice responding to a greeting. Footsteps were heard at the stairs, approaching Nishikata's bedroom door followed by a knock and subtle hello.

"Hello Nishikata? Are you there?" the voice said in a playful tone.

A thought came to Nishikata's mind "I-I should hide.." making him proceed to the closet followed by a second thought "Great, this is a really obvious place for hiding" regretting his choice.

The voice added "I'm coming in Nishikata!" making Nishikata fluster.

Nishikata heard his door open and then peeked through a small gap, confirming it was Takagi.

Takagi then muttered "Oh, so a game of hide and seek is it now?"

Nishikata by now was sweating from nervousness and fear of getting caught.

Takagi then playfully walked place to place, checking possible places to hide. "Where are you, I wonder?" She said with Nishikata peering through the gap.

Nishikata was then confused as why Takagi still didn't check the closet.

Takagi then said "I guess he's really not here" followed by a sigh, and the closing of the door.

Nishikata felt relief and was about to go out from the closet but was surprised by Takagi, letting out a shrieking voice.

"G-GAAAH!"

Takagi then laughed, showing no signs of stopping "Hahaha! The look on your face really made me laugh!" trying to utter these words.

Nishikata was then embarrassed and blushed "W-What are you even doing here T-Takagi-san..?"

Takagi then replied "We promised  to meet here last time for the song remember?" answering Nishikata's question.

Nishikata sighed, remembering it with regret "O-Oh.. really..?"

"Well, we better get started!" Takagi said

Nishikata nodded and got his guitar.

"Since we mostly have the lyrics down, we can work on the melody and tune this time" Takagi affirmed.

Nishikata responded "O-Oh okay.."

The both of them were composing the song all afternoon, deciding the tune, the flow, and the duration of the song.

Nishikata then said to Takagi "We're almost done! I guess we can decide as to who'll sing the song.."

Takagi then agreed.

A short moment of silence filled the room when Takagi then said "I guess I'll sing the song!" surprising Nishikata.

"W-Well you can, b-but why so suddenly..?" Nishikata asked.

Takagi then responded "I want to dedicate the song to a certain someone" making Nishikata flinch.

Nishikata then asked "S-Someone..? W-Who could that be I-I wonder..?" with a tone of nervousness.

Takagi then replied "Someone that I like to tease, making me happy being with him"

A blush redder than ever could be seen from Nishikata's face as he clearly understood the certain someone Takagi was referring to.

"O-Oh.. I s-see.." Nishikata said in an awkward tone.

Takagi then laughed and teased Nishikata. The both of them then practiced the song till it was late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The End~~~~~~~~~~~~~