Second "Little Date"

Clementine's POV again.

My suspension was over with and I go back to school tomorrow. The thing is, I have to see that Gracie girl and knowing that she likes me is even worse.

There's something about her that I don't like. I mean she might be a good person or she might not be, we don't know.

After hanging out with AJ and Violet this weekend, our bond has been getting stronger and stronger everyday.

"Clem!" Lee yelled from down stairs. "What!" I yelled back. "Violets on the phone! She wants to talk to you" I stand up and run down stairs. I go over to our home phone and pick it up.

"Hello?" I hear a laugh behind the phone. "Took you long enough" she says. "Sorry I was...uhm reading" I say. "Mhm, sure you was Everett, anyways what are you doing?" She asks. "I'm about to leave why?" The phone goes silent until she speaks up. "Uhm I was wondering, do you want to come to dinner tomorrow...at my house? You haven't met my parents and since our one month is tomorrow, I'd thought It'd be good"

I smile to myself. I haven't met her parents yet. She's talked about them a lot and they seem like really good people. I'd think it'd be great to meet them.

"Yeah! I'd love too Vi, I'd never give up the opportunity" I say. "Good...I mean great, I'm excited for you to finally meet them" I smile again. "Me too, you talking good about them makes me want to meet them even more, I bet there nice people" I say. "Yeah, they are"

I hear giggles from behind the phone. "Was that you?" I ask. "Hmm, no" I try to think for a second until I finally know who it is.

"AJ GET OFF THE PHONE, THIS IS MINE AND VIOLETS CONVERSATION" I yell.

"NO! MAKE ME" he yells back.

"OH DONT WORRY I WILL"

"I BET YOU WILL"

"BET"

"BET"

"BET"

"SHUT UP AND GO PLAY APEX WITH YOUR FRIENDS"

"I WILL"

"FINE"

I hear giggling from the phone again but it's violets this time. "Sorry, he's being an idiot" I say. "No it's fine, you two are adorable when you guys fight" she says. "Yeah yeah, anyways I have to go and take my drivers test" I say. "Okay good luck, call me when you get home and tell me how it went" she says. "I will" I say. "Alright, I love you" I smile. "I love you too"

I hang up the phone. "Are you about ready?" Lee asks as he comes up behind me. "Yeah, I'm kinda nervous though" he smiles at me. "Don't worry about it sweetpea, I believe in you" He says. "I know, and I'm glad but I have a feeling I'm going too fail" I look down at the ground and then back up too Lee. "Sweetpea, don't worry about that, just focus on the driving and try to remember everything you can" I smile at him. "Okay, I will Dad" He smiles and nods at me. "Good, are you ready?" He asks. "Yeah, I'm ready"

After Clem's test.

I walk out of the room into the waiting area with a big smile on my face. Lee looks up at me and smiles. "I passed" I held up the drivers license and showed it to him. "Congrats sweetpea!" He says and hugs me. "Thank you Dad"

"Can I drive home?" I ask. "Well...uhm" I look at him for an answer. "Sure, why not, just don't crash us please, I love that car" he says and laughs. "Don't worry dad, I won't"

I drove home, it actually wasn't that bad, well I almost got pulled over and almost ran someone off the road but we're all good. Lee helped me along the way, even though he can't really drive either.