08

Step One: Make her laugh and smile.

Laughter releases endorphins, which make us feel good about ourselves and others. This good feeling creates a bond between two people and imbues a sense of togetherness in groups. It makes you feel good about yourself and the person who triggered your laughter.

Being a psychology student has its perks. They can learn skills like communication, reasoning, critical thinking, time management and maybe making someone fall in love with them. And Jungkook knew how to do just that.

-

"Y/N, stop moping around, you're not a failure," Hoseok reasoned out to you. He leaned forward and placed his chin on your shoulder as you sulked, moving your legs back and forth.

The both of you were sitting on a bench in the campus' quad after the first few classes of the day. You were disappointed in yourself because of the bad grade you got on a test you didn't study for.

If you hadn't stayed up and ruined your immune system with the unhealthy amount of nachos you ate while crying over movies a few nights before, this would've never happened.

"Hobi!!" An obnoxious yet familiar voice yelled, interrupting your thoughts on how to make up for your terrible score.

You glared at the two boys who came up to you and Hoseok with an annoyed expression on your face. "What's up with her?" Yoongi asked.

"She's upset over a test she got a 91 on. Talk about dean's lister behavior." You crossed your arms at Hoseok's statement, his chin no longer on your shoulder.

"Baby you up for some ice cream? My treat," Hoseok said with a sensual tone which made you cringe on the inside.

"Get a room," Jungkook groaned, rolling his eyes at the two. Sooner or later, Yoongi and Hoseok walked away hand in hand.

"You look nice today," Jungkook said, now sitting beside you. "Me looking nice won't change the fact that my grades are shit Jeon," you refused to face him directly.

"Sorry about that then." You could hear the sadness in his tone of voice which made you regret being a bitch towards him, but your big ego didn't let it show.

There was a silence for a bit, till Jungkook suddenly wrapped his arms around you, side-hugging you. It startled you causing you to jump on your seat a bit.

"Don't be sad," Jungkook mumbled. You stared into the abyss, questioning as to why this buff, video game-loving, doe-eyed man was hugging you.

You didn't show any signs of protest so he kept you in his embrace. You'd be lying if you said you didn't like this. It did make you feel a bit better, but you weren't used to it so you were slightly uncomfortable.

Your tensed body relaxed after a while and maybe a few minutes later, he let go of you. "Are you still sad?" You saw his eyes go wide like a child's when they look for their parent's approvement.

Cute.

You smiled at him, whispering a small thank you then you two just sat there as the branches rustled, the breeze gently blowing, and the birds chirping.

"Want me to buy you food?" He asked, averting his eyes from the ground and facing you. "No thanks Jeon."

"You sure?" He asked once again. "Mhm," you hummed. Throwing his bag over his shoulder, he grabbed your hand and dragged you to wherever direction the canteen was. You didn't say a word as you stared at Jungkook's hand wrapped around yours.

-

"Thanks?" You said, as he put a burrito on your palms. "No problem," he replied, already digging in. You two ate on one of the tables facing one another.

"Jeon what's up with you?" You asked, crumpling the paper wrapper once you were done. "What do you mean?"

"Well, first of all, you hugged me. You're never affectionate with me Jeon. Whenever I ask you to buy me food, you ask me why instead of actually buying me the food, but now you did and I didn't even ask you to," your eyebrows furrowed and you crossed your arms.

He stared at you with his deer-like eyes before the curves of his lips turned into a smile. "I just wanted to be nice to you, no biggie," he replied before eating his second burrito.

You eyed him suspiciously, wanted to be nice to you my ass. You knew he was up to something and you didn't like it.

"Y/N, what do you call a sad strawberry?" He asked while chewing his food. "What?"You were reluctant on giving him a reply, but you still did. "A blueberry," he grinned widely.

You sighed in utter disappointment as he laughed with his mouth wide. "That joke sucks Jeon," you snorted. "Well you're being berry rude," he said with the biggest smirk on his face as he emphasized 'berry.'

"Are you serious?" you asked him with a stupid smile on your face. "As William Shakespeare once said, yes." Then, the rest of the lunch break was just you laughing at Jungkook as he goofed around in the canteen.

Step One: Completed.

A/N
This chapter sucks I'm sorry
I wanted it to be nice but that would mean me moping aroung cause I can't come up with any good ideas so I just went for it and said fuck it I wanna update so here we are