ELEVEN

xi. Last Chances

The interviews were the last chance for the tributes to express their thoughts to the public, before being sent to the arena

The interviews were the last chance for the tributes to express their thoughts to the public, before being sent to the arena. Most used this opportunity to intrigue the Capitol citizens, in hopes to gain more sponsors, thus increasing their odds of survival. But with this particular games, many used it as a chance to express their utmost anger for the situation they had been put in, to show everyone how unfair it had been for them to be reaped once again. The previous victors all came up with ways to anger the audience, make them want to cancel the show, whether it was with stories or just cursing out the games itself.

Aurora had no clue what approach she was to take. Despite her urge to just reveal the feelings of rage for the games she'd kept in her heart, just like she had done for her chosen skill, she knew that would surely not be the way to go. She had to have the audience empathize with her, make them feel devastated for her to the point where they wouldn't support her walking into her own death. They already loved her, and would hate to watch her die, she just had to push it over the edge. However, that may be, depending on Finnick.

With their "secret lovers" story they had conjured up, they had already managed to have citizens wondering what their relationship really was. Whenever they were seen by the public, they always stood very close to one another, close enough for people to assume they were more than friends. Rumors of their relationship had begun to circle, whispers Aurora had heard throughout. Whatever they were doing seemed to have worked. She just hoped it would be in their favor.

After witnessing the dress that Dakota had created for the tribute parade, Aurora knew she would be amazed by the dress she was to wear for the interviews. All the tributes began to get ready for the show, Aurora being taken away from the crowds and into a dressing room. Her makeup had already been done. Her eyes had light mixtures of blues, whites, and hints of gold. Her makeup alone had left her anticipated to see her dress. A portion of her hair was tied back, letting the rest flow freely behind her. It revealed her beautiful face, for all to clearly see.

"Just this way. You are going to be amazed by this dress. Trust me." Dakota held Aurora's hand as she led her to the private dressing room in which her dress was located.

Aurora kept her mouth shut as Dakota led her in the doorway, her eyes immediately spotting the dress. Her jaw almost dropped at the sight of it. The dress stood on the rack, right next to a large full-length mirror. The dress reached the floor. It had a white, almost sheer neckline that ended just above her breasts. Below that, pearls and lace designs were scattered about, almost resembling seaweed with its green tinted color. As the lace went down, however, the white sheer material had turned to a sea blue tint, in an ombre pattern. The bottom of the dress had layers, making it seem like there were waves following her wherever she walked.

"Dakota, I can't even begin to thank you for this. It looks gorgeous." Aurora muttered, still gawking at the dress.

"There's no need Aurora, it's my pleasure." She moved Aurora closer to the dress. "Now enough chatter, the interviews are to start soon, and we need to get you in this dress."