ONE

i.Capitol Parties

Bright, beautiful lights shined beyond a garden of vivacious roses, as the sight of President Snow's towering mansion came into view

Bright, beautiful lights shined beyond a garden of vivacious roses, as the sight of President Snow's towering mansion came into view. Aurora couldn't contain the gasp that escaped her lips at the size of the building alone; it was probably the biggest house she'd ever seen in her life, definitely much larger than the suburban houses back at District Four.

Classical music accompanied the sound of Elodie White's steep ocean blue heels tapping against the bricked pathway they walked upon. Her entire outfit screamed aquatic life as her dress ruffled like tidal waves with yellow and pink accents to resemble fish. Though it was intended to reflect District Four, it only reminded Aurora of the sushi she'd eaten the night before.

Aurora was grateful Dakota hadn't dressed her in fishnets and seashells as she had expected. Instead, her dress dyed a deep blue, its lacy bottom only brushing against the concrete bricked pathway they walked down. Pears lined her torso, covering the tight corset that left her feeling quite uncomfortable.

"Walk faster everyone. Though not too fast, I wouldn't want you to fall in front of the whole country," Elodie remarked with a tight-lipped smile, walking only a few steps ahead of the pair.

Aurora's hand was clasped tightly with Finnick's, who stood to her right, giving her advice, words that seemed to only pass through one ear and out the other.

"Probably wouldn't want me to vomit in front of the whole country either, but I'm not so sure I'll keep to that with this thing around my chest suffocating me." Aurora let out a small chuckle as Elodie shot her a concerned, yet stern look.

"Just keep your chin up and the food down, alright?" Elodie gave her a sure nod, a sense of worry within her voice.

"You won't vomit, don't worry about it," Finnick said, his eyes still locked on the giant mansion in front of him that unfortunately got bigger and bigger with every word. "Soon enough, these parties with Snow, they'll become normal."

"Easy for you to say, the Golden Boy of the Capitol. You won't even have to speak and they'll still adore you." Aurora heard Finnick scoff from beside her. She could imagine the stupid joking smirk on his face as she continued to stare ahead.

"That's not tru-" His argument was cut off.

"Alright, enough bickering. Smiles on Aurora. Get ready for the most magical night of your life." The moment she stopped talking, it was only then had Aurora noticed they had finally arrived.

The large crowd of brightly dressed Capitol citizens cheered loudly in her presence, it was hard for Aurora to contain a gasp. Her already tight grip somehow seemed to tighten as they walked through the large crowd surrounding the entrance. These people looked years and years older than her, just plastered with pounds and pounds of makeup it was almost frightening.