A/N

Soooo... IT'S BEEN A WHILE :D

I'm sorry for the author's note, I know how annoying they can be but I thought I'd address the lack of updates considering people still seem to be reading.

First of all, I'm sorry for the lack of updates. No, nothing terrible has happened in my life that has prevented me from continuing this story. To put it simply, I just don't know what to do with it anymore.

I've had the reunion scene planned since I'd started this book, and now that it's here, you'd think I'd have been able and excited to write it but it seems to be the opposite.

For some context, I started this book when I was 13 and now I'm turning 18 in a couple months. My writing has evolved quite a bit, as you could sort of see throughout the chapters. But that isn't necessarily the problem since I've been happily editing the more badly written chapters.

The problem that occurred was basically that I just didn't like the story I was writing anymore.

When I started writing this, I took MAJOR inspiration from the plots of fanfics I'd read, as some of you might've been able to tell. (I'm a sucker for best friends to lovers tropes) And so when it came to actually writing the story, the characters were very VERY underdeveloped and so was the plot. Meaning, I was practically making stuff up as I went. 

Hence, why Aurora Evans has little to no personality other than the fact that she's nice and has trauma. 

The reason why updates started slowing down was honestly just because I started to struggle so hard to save what I'd already started, but I couldn't just write in Aurora's personality IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOOK. 

The flashbacks were an attempt and I honestly love them so much. I planned on plenty more in the last third of the book but it sort of felt useless at some point. She'd just been so bland for so much of the book, I sort of got stuck in this ultimatum of either rewriting the entire thing, or sticking through it and finishing the story I was planning on telling in the first place, no matter how little I'd planned.

I eventually chose the latter, and that's when my next problem came in.

The story I had planned for Aurora was quite ... grim. 

I hate to spoil the next chapter (yes it is mostly written already) and I DON'T KNOW WHY MY YOUNGER SELF THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD PLOT POINT, but there was a bit of foreshadowing that Aurora had attempted to unalive herself as a result of being fed up from mentoring.

Now, I just think it's a horrible idea and it makes this already horribly grim story even more grim. Like, I don't know why I thought basing her entire personality off of her depression and grief was a good idea because its not and its honestly disgusting.

When I finally realized that maybe this was a bad idea, I tried cheering it up a bit with flashbacks, BUT THEY ALL ENDED UP BEING JUST SAD MEMORIES LIKE--

If you couldn't tell already, the writing for this book has been a mess and I've been trying to avoid it for as much as possible, hence why it's not finished after like 5 years.

So now let me ask you guys for suggestions...

Should I rewrite this story, start from scratch, keep the main plot points but add in so much more backstory?

Or should I just compensate for the lack of backstory with a prequel?

Or should I just post this COMPLETELY NEW FINNICK FANFIC I've been thinking about writing recently, with a completely new plot and new characters???

OR would you guys rather me write out a summary of everything I had planned to write?

I never expected for this book to almost reach 300k reads, and now that makes me feel bad for ghosting you guys for so long. Who knows? Maybe I'll post what I have from the next chapter, or maybe I'll actually continue this story. But for now, I have no clue what to do with this book so suggestions are greatly appreciated :D

If you have gotten this far, my gratitude is immense <3