𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

Start from the beginning

"Lizzie go high," I pushed him and away and swung at his head. He ducked and Josie knocked out his knees. We held our sticks at his throat like knives and he let out a laugh "I'm really proud of you guys. Help your old man up," we both stuck out our hands for him to grab and he let out a loud grunt as he stood up. "Oh, God. Oh, yeah. Our years of training have really paid off," my lips curled into a big grin. "So, there's like, no one else you'd rather be training with?" I asked just to make sure.

"Well, who else would there be? Now go get dressed. You're giving a tour in ten minutes and I really need you to sell the new recruit on our place. He's not sure he wants to go here," I let my eyebrows furrow "Who wouldn't want to go here?" "Exactly," Josie responded quickly. "We'll reel him in dad don't worry," he gave us a genuine smiles

"What would I do without you guys?"

   I went to get changed and now Josie and I were standing in front of Jed ready to give him a tour. "Welcome to the Salvatore school. We're your tour guides," he glanced back and fourth at me and my sister "I'm Josie," jo greeted happily. "I'm Lizzie," I added.

"Sisters."
"Twins."
"Fraternal. Obvs."

"Come on, we'll  show you around. Everybody gets along with everybody here. For the most part," we held his arms interlocked with ours and walked into the school. "The wolves are pretty cliquey. They mostly like to hang with their... oh," I stared out at the common room in shock. "This place is a turd stain," couldn't have said it better myself. I pulled my arm away from his "Uh... the maintenance staff must be on holiday or something.  Um... why don't we introduce you to your pack," I prayed Laya was in this reality. He liked her then I'm sure he'll like her now.

"Okay. Where's the pack," Josie laughed softly and held her hand out. I looked forward and groaned in disgust. "Hey Jed. I'm Luis," Jed looked at Josie "Uh..." he held his hand out for Jed to shake "Your alpha," I faked a smile "Luis. Where's Laya," Jed looked at me weird "Who's Laya," he asked. "Yea who's Laya," Luis and my sister repeated in unison.

After the tour I sat with Josie eating oatmeal. I picked some of it up with my spoon and let it fall back down into the bowl disgusted. "Do you think he'll stay," I looked over at Jed who was sitting at an old wooden table next to Luis. Jeez if Laya was here. "It's so hard to get anyone to stay," I watched as Jed crossed his arms over his chest. "Well if these are the breakfast offerings, it's no wonder. Where are the pastries? The Belgian waffles? The smoothie station?" I placed my lime green bowl on the table but Josie just laughed at me.

"Right. I'll tell dad to add that to the budget after he pays the gas bill,"she glanced back over at Jed and Luis before letting out another short laugh. "Wait. Are we... poor?" Josie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Lizzie, you know how expensive it is to run this place, how hard it is to get benefactors. I mean, Damon Salvatore has been as generous as he can be, but he and Elena have kids of their own that they need to take care of," I looked down at the old cobweb infested table.

"I'm gonna make sure that dad eats. He works so hard," I watched Josie stand up and walk away. "Oh, crap," I exhaled sharply "Genie? Genie? Genie? Genie?" I looked around "Yeah," I flinched and turned around. "This place sucks ," she nodded "Hope's dad wrote my mom a big check to fund the school when it opened  so no Hope, no funding, no fun. Oh yeah and where's Laya ? You know what doesn't matter, fix this," she leaned forward "Is that to be your next wish ," I stared forward "Yes, that will be my— wait. I know how this goes. I waste my first wish by not being specific enough, I waste my second one trying to clean up my first only to make things worse, and then the third gets wasted by wishing I never had any wishes in the first place."