1 || THE CURIOUS CASE OF RACHEL DARE

Start from the beginning

"Come on, let's go!" he shouted dragging Annabeth with him.

"Seaweed Brain...." Annabeth mumbled under her breath. From the tone of her voice, Percy knew that he would have to tell her sooner or later but for now, Annabeth let the matter rest as they entered the dining pavilion.

He gave her a cheerful wave, before making his way to the empty Poseidon table. He chose to serve himself with a stack of blue pancakes, drenched in syrup and cornflakes, the odd combination proving to be quite pleasing.

Even though it was dinner, he felt like breakfast and he chose to ignore the disgusted looks Clarisse was throwing him and his food.

Making sure to show off his plate of pancakes to the children of Ares, he walked towards the bonfire, and as he had done during each and every meal since he was twelve, slid a small portion of his meal into the fire.

He hoped the gods would enjoy burned cornflakes.

Percy walked back towards his table and dumped his plate on the bench, sitting down very ungracefully.
Upon his request, his glass filled itself with blue Pepsi, the bubbles making soft fizzing noises. He gingerly lifted his fork and prodded his pancake. Shrugging, he dug into his meal, savouring the taste of the sweet cornflakes.

In less then five minutes, he had demolished most of his dinner. The corners of his mouths were tinted blue with syrup and Pepsi. Oblivious to this, Percy shovelled down another bite.

"Percy!"

He choked on a cornflake, in surprise and turned his head to see who had caused what could have possibly been a cornflake catastrophe. A grin broke out on his face as he laid eyes on the culprit. He stood up just in time to be enveloped in a bone crushing hug.

Tyson was his half brother, on his dad's side. He was a cyclops and a very talented one at that. His skill was part of the reason he was never at camp. He had hardly seen Tyson the past few days as he had been busy working in the forges and preparing to head to Camp Jupiter.

Tyson, along with Rachel and Ella had been planning on leaving a few days after the Romans after discarding their original plans to leave at the same time. He still wasn't quite so sure why they would be able to leave camp alone, considering they were no longer travelling with Reyna and her company.

Since the voice of Delphi had been extinguished, Rachel hadn't been able to speak any prophecies. Their only hope was to try and reconstruct the Sibylline books. As for the forges, Tyson had refused to tell Percy what he was working on, all he knew was that it was something important as Tyson had only appeared occasionally to discuss things with Rachel. He hoped that Tyson turning up so unexpectedly meant that he would finally get some answers.

"Tyson!" Percy choked out. "Can't brea-the." His brother let go. "Sorry," he mumbled as he clumsily dropped his food onto the table and sat down. "Is good to see Percy again!" he exclaimed half heartedly. His previous grin was now gone, replaced with a sullen look.

Percy studied his brother with a frown and sat back down again next to him.
"What's gotten into you, lately?" Percy asked. "Last time you were here, you didn't even come to see me."

He wondered what had caused the sudden mood change. Usually, Tyson would have been more than ecstatic to be with his brother.

After another moment of awkward silence, Tyson spoke out of the blue. "I'm helping Daddy build weapons."

Percy, caught by surprise at Tyson's comment, fell off the bench. He ignored the sniggers from the campers at the Ares table and quickly sat up.

"What, why?"