Ch: 18: Humanity Restored

"After nearly two decades, Godzilla has finally been stopped. Two days ago, Godzilla was killed during its fight with Mechagodzilla when it was stabbed not once, but twice with the blades that were installed into the machines arms. But during the fight, Mechagodzilla was sadly lost. We will remember the duty that Mechagodzilla served to our country and our nation. While the Mechagodzilla may have been lost, it did it's part in protecting humanity against Godzilla. We must remember the G-Force's heroic efforts in building all these machines to defend the people of earth. And that Mechagodzilla's sacrifice wasn't in vain." The speaker cleared his throat. "Mechagodzilla will be remembered as a hero to the United States of America. And what it finally managed to accomplish against Godzilla. And for that, we'd like to let the G-Force know how much we appreciate the sacrifices they made to build the Mechagodzilla and the large amount of time that was put into the project."

The audience in attendance clapped as the speech was concluded. The man onstage smiled and waved at the crowd standing in ovation and clapping.

Brian and Tazz clanked their beers and sat back in their seats. Lindsey smiled and wrapped her arm around Tazz's shoulder. "I see things worked out with you two." Maria said. "It did indeed. One thing led to another and here we are." Lindsey said. "I'm glad. It's nice to see Tazz with someone for a change." Brian said. Tazz shrugged. "Yeah, it does feel pretty good." He said. Lindsey smiled and pecked his cheek with a soft kiss. "Well, with the world finally going back to normal, maybe you two can marry." Brian said. Lindsey smiled. "I sure hope so." She said. "Yeah, maybe some day." Tazz said.

"So, we have some news." Maria said with a smile. Brian smiled and wrapped his arm around her. "Yeah, some really good news." He said. "Well, lets hear it." Tazz said. Brian and Maria smiled at each other and said, "We're having a baby!" Lindsey smiled widely. "Oh my god, congratulations!" She said. Tazz smiled and patted Brian's shoulder. "I'm proud of you, man." He said. "Have you seen the doctor yet?" Lindsey asked. "No, we only found out yesterday. We're going to go see a doctor today." Brian said. "Well congratulations." Lindsey said. "You can send them to aunt Lindsey and uncle Tazz whenever you go out of town someday." She said. Maria let out a laugh. "We'll be sure to give you a call." She said.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Two days ago, was a very special day in the history of mankind. It marks the day that humanity finally defeated Godzilla in a war that lasted nearly two decades. But what does this mean? Will the world go back to normal? I will give you that answer. No. The world will never be the same after what happened. Monsters exist. Well, more like they existed. And we will forever remember these beings and the impact that they left in our world. We can also thank the late Lauren Graham for proving that not all monsters were bad. Another person we need to recognize for his work is none other then monster biologist, Tyler Carson. Because of his research on the monsters, that gave us viable information on the monsters that we were able to use against them. And lastly, we wanna acknowledge the G-Force and the hard work that went into their projects."

The audience clapped as pictures of Lauren and Tyler appeared on the large screen. Pictures of the G-Force appeared immediately after. The audience stood in ovation for the people on the screen. Lauren looked just as beautiful as she did in life with her shoulder length brown hair and pale skin tone. Tyler looked confident in his picture with his hands stuffed in his pockets and a small smile on his face. And lastly, the G-Force with Mechagodzilla and M.O.G.E.U.R.A. standing behind them.

"The world may still be in ruins. But we will rebuild. And in a few years from now, we will have the stories to tell our grandchildren about the time that monsters existed. And how humanity were strong enough to overtake them and prove to them that we're the rulers of this world. The one and true ruler of earth... is man." The audience clapped again. "We all owe it to G-Force for having the faith in themselves to build Anti-Godzilla weapons in order to protect us. If it weren't for them, we may not have made it. But we're still here. And we're not going anywhere anytime soon."

On the news, a satellite image was being shown. "On this island, it looks like a monster is lying on the ground. It looks to be dead since it hasn't moved in quite some time. The name that's spreading around is King Caesar. This draws the question that what if there's even more? Maybe, Godzilla isn't the only one we have to worry about. Maybe, Godzilla wasn't even the last of its kind."

The image of King Caesar went viral and it got a lot of people thinking that maybe there are other monsters that haven't made themselves known to mankind. But maybe, they would rather keep to themselves then terrorize the human race. Until the time comes again, all everyone could do was speculate.

The worldwide celebration was still a go. All around the world, everyone celebrated the defeat of the long reigning Godzilla. Brian and Maria looked up at the fireworks as they exploded in the air. He wrapped his arm around Maria's shoulder and smiled at her. Maria smiled back and kissed him. Maria leaned into her husband and continued to gaze at the wonderful and colorful explosions in the sky. Brian watched the sky turn colorful with his wife along with everyone else in the area watching the fireworks with their families and friends.

Tyler Carson stood on the balcony of his house looking out at the ocean. He held something in his hand. A picture. He looked at it, revealing that Godzilla was on it. Roaring triumphantly into the sky with its dorsal fins glowing blue. Tyler let out a quiet sigh and he looked out at the ocean, half expecting to see Godzilla's dorsal fins to appear. More so hoping than expecting. In a way, Tyler was going to miss Godzilla. He felt a connection to the monster that no one else did. Maybe it was just the fact that he was there at Livingston when Godzilla first attacked. But no matter, Tyler felt connected to Godzilla and would miss the monster in the coming years.

He leaned on the balcony railing and let out another sigh. His wife, Ava Carson, came up from behind him and wrapped her arm around his shoulder and gave him a comforting smile. He smiled back and leaned into her. He held the picture in front of them and a small smile formed on his face.

"Goodbye, old friend." Tyler said.

Ending credits song: Civilian by Wye Oak

End of Story

***

And that is The Time of Monsters trilogy. Thanks a whole lot for reading this trilogy and I do hope you enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed writing it. It allows me to express my passion for Godzilla and all the other monsters that I grew up with. I can't promise anything, but there are some minor ideas for prequel stories. Keep in mind that they are very minor and I'm still deciding on them.

There will be an epilogue that will fully conclude the trilogy so stay tuned for that!

Again, I hope you enjoyed these books and thanks for reading.