Ch. 3: The Simulation

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah..." Brian responded.

"Okay. Here we go. Godzilla will arrive there in a second or two." Through the simulation headset, the room turned into a destroyed city. Brian was now acting as Mechagodzilla. Brian's actions would transfer into Mechagodzilla's programs for use against Godzilla. Brian looked around, feeling the heavy pressure on his legs that simulated the weight Mechagodzilla has. A roar echoed behind him.

Mechagodzilla turned its head and saw Godzilla.

Godzilla wasted no time and charged at Mechagodzilla. Roaring loudly.

"O'Neal, now!"

Mechagodzilla went for Godzilla's legs, wrapped its arms around Godzilla's knees, and lifted it over its head. Godzilla flipped over Mechagodzilla and landed on the ground with a loud and hard thud. Mechagodzilla turned around and roared mechanically at Godzilla. Steam blew angrily out of Godzilla's nostrils and a thunderous roar echoed throughout the area and Godzilla's powerful tail swiped at Mechagodzilla's ankles.

Mechagodzilla fell sideways onto the ground. Godzilla stood to its feet and started to beat down on its mechanic counter part. Godzilla grabbed Mechagodzilla and threw it. Mechagodzilla landed on the ground and rolled several times.

"C'mon, O'Neal, get up!"

Mechagodzilla pressed its hands on the ground and pushed itself up. But Godzilla charged at Mechagodzilla with a loud roar and grabbed a hold of it. Godzilla bit down on Mechagodzilla's neck and ripped on it.

"No! Come on O'Neal, push it away!"

"I'm trying!"

Mechagodzilla shoved Godzilla away but Godzilla swung its tail over Mechagodzilla's head. Godzilla faced the headless Mechagodzilla and roared victoriously as Mechagodzilla hit the ground with a thud.

DEFEAT!

"Dammit." Brian muttered as he took the simulation headset off. He held it in his hands and sighed. The commander didn't look too pleased. He said, "You need to improve. The move you did at the beginning was pretty good. But the rest? Unacceptable. Is that really how we want Mechagodzilla to act during a battle with Godzilla?" Brian sighed and shook his head. "No, sir..." He muttered.

The commander shook his head. "Take that off and get the hell out of here." He said.

Brian took off the simulation suit and headset and was about to let himself out. He stopped midway and turned to the commander. "Wait. I think I got it." He said. The commander turned to him and said, "What is it?" "I think I know a way." Brian told him.

"You had your chance, O'Neal. Don't know why they gave you one. You're just some guy they found on the street who they decided to recruite. Real soldiers should be in the simulation! Not hand picked people to work on Mechagodzilla." He said. "But you know what? Get in there and show me what else you have." He told him.

Brian put the suit and headset back on. The room this time turned into the northwest mountains.

"This area is where the battle between Godzilla and the Four-Legged Guardians took place." The commander said. "Sending in Godzilla now."

A roar echoed behind a mountain. Just passed the mountains, Godzilla slowly emerged. Mechagodzilla clenched its fists and roared at Godzilla and started running at Godzilla.

"Brian, what the hell are you doing?!"

"Trust me on this!" Brian said.

Boosters on Mechagodzilla's thighs and feet pushed it upward into the sky. Mechagodzilla rammed its knee into Godzilla's jaw. With clenched fists, Mechagodzilla slammed down on Godzilla. Causing Godzilla to stagger and bend forward. Mechagodzilla punched Godzilla and whipped its tail into Godzilla's side. Mechagodzilla rammed into Godzilla and pushed it into the side of the mountain. Godzilla pushed Mechagodzilla away and grabbed its head and was about to slam it into the mountain.

Mechagodzilla pressed its hands on the hard surface, stopping it from making contact with the mountain. Mechagodzilla struck Godzilla in the ribs with its elbow and again in the face, stunning the large monster. Mechagodzilla roared and its eyes glowed blue. And a blue heat ray shot out of its mouth, mimicking Godzilla's signature atomic breath.

"Yeah, that's it!" The commander said.

Godzilla screeched in pain as Mechagodzilla's blue heat ray continued to splash against its skin. Godzilla roared loudly and charged full force at Mechagodzilla, ignoring the heat ray. Godzilla grabbed a hold of Mechagodzilla and shoved it into the mountain multiple times. Godzilla threw Mechagodzilla to the ground and roared loudly.

Brian lied on the floor, breathing heavily. "Get up, O'Neal!" The commander said. Brian stood up and let out an agitated yell, translating into a roar in the simulation as he charged at Godzilla.

Mechagodzilla drew its arm back and threw a punch over Godzilla's head. It attempted at another punch, but Godzilla blocked the attack and countered with a kick. Mechagodzilla slid back and stood its ground.

"Yeah? That's how you wanna play?" Brian muttered. He raised his arms upwards and bent his elbows to point his hands at Godzilla.

Mechagodzilla's fingers went into its hands and missiles were loaded and ready to launch.

Brian let out a yell.

Mechagodzilla roared and the missiles flew out of its fingers and made impact with Godzilla. All missiles exploded when they made contact with the large monster. Godzilla roared in agony and fell to the ground. Smashing down onto the ground.

VICTORY!

Brian took off the headset and sighed contentedly. The commander looked more pleased than before. With his hands behind his back, he gave Brian a subtle nod. "Well done. That was... better than before to say the least. Keep practicing and maybe you'll get better." He said. "But for now, you're still a member who's working on Mechagodzilla. Maybe in the future, you'll be promoted as a pilot." The commander said. Brian nodded. "All right. Get on outta here."

After getting dressed, Brian left the simulation room. Hoping that some of his moves and techniques would be programmed into the Mechagodzilla.

Brian was satisfied with the second round against Godzilla. A grin formed on his face and he ran his fingers confidently through his hair.

*Midday

Brian sat down with Tazz at the tables and took out his lunch.

"Heard you were in the simulation today."

"That's right..." Brian said.

Tazz nodded. "How was it?" He asked. "Fought Godzilla twice. Once in a city, the other at the northwest mountains where Godzilla fought Baragon and the other monsters." Tazz mumbled, "Hmmm... Interesting." "Yeah, it was pretty cool. It would be cool to see Mechagodzilla mimic my actions." Brian said. "Yeah, that would be interesting." Tazz said.

"How much longer do you think it will be finished?" Brian asked. "Hard to say. But I feel like we're getting there. A few more months at the latest. Earliest? Weeks maybe." Tazz said. "But actually, Godzilla hasn't been seen in a while. But... calm before the storm, right?" Brian nodded. "Yeah, no kidding. I feel like it's any day now that Godzilla will pop up somewhere." He said. "Hopefully Mechagodzilla will be done by then." Tazz said. "We just have to keep workin' on it." Brian told him. Tazz nodded. "Yeah." He muttered.

"Okay, start packing up, lets go!"

"Come on, lets get to work." Tazz said as he stood up. "Yup." Brian added as he stood up with Tazz and walked with him to get back to work on Mechagodzilla.