Ch. 5: Another Attack

"General Ross. Our drones have been keeping watch on Godzilla. It's still in the ocean."

General Shelly Ross nodded, acknowledging what she was told. General Ross has a long history with the monsters, being around since the first Livingston attack in twenty twenty-one. Having since then being promoted from captain to general. Her previous general, General Rogers, retired years ago. But was unfortunately killed during one of the attacks throughout the years.

Ever since General Rogers' death, General Ross has become quite hardened and has strong hatred for the monsters. And most importantly, Godzilla.

She and her team of SEAL's have been navigating the seas, following Godzilla's movement. But that was about to come to an end right away. "General. Godzilla is diving under. We're going to lose him." General Ross watched the screen as the drones caught Godzilla diving into the water and disappearing into the darkness. Her fists clenched on the table and she narrowed her eyes into a scowl.

"We will track you down... and we're sending you straight to hell." General Ross said to the monster on the screen.

"Godzilla's currently headed to Cuba, General. Estimated time is around six to seven hours." General Ross looked at him and nodded. The General took her leave and went into a private room. She sat down and took out a crumpled picture. She looked at herself with her old General, Tim Rogers.

"Hey, General. Things are still different. Times are difficult. But I promise you. We are going to win this war... I will bring Godzilla down if it's the last goddamn thing I do." General Ross continued to speak her feelings for a while longer before putting the picture away. She stood up and left the room.

"General. Warnings have been sent out to the Cuban government. Emergency evacuations should occur in about an hour." General Ross took in what she was told and nodded. "Hopefully they have enough time." She said. "We already lost so much in Seattle." General Ross said. "There's no need to lose any more." She said. "We've all been through so much. And I don't deny that you've all lost loved ones along the way. I did too. But prove to them that we can win this war. And prove to yourselves that you have the strength and courage to fight on." General Ross said.

Across the sea, Cuban residents were evacuating and being put in shelters. Above the underground shelters, tanks and soldiers readied for the approaching Godzilla. The U.S. government was issued of the current situation and sent immediate support. Within three hours, the U.S. military arrived at Cuba and allied with the Cuban military. Godzilla was just a few minutes out now and was approaching faster than anticipated.

The soldiers kept a close eye on the ocean. Ready to see the three rows of Godzilla's dorsal fins poke out of the water at any second. Cuban residents since then have been evacuated into the shelters underground where they would surely be safe.

Out from the distance, a low roar echoed from the dark blue trenches of the ocean.

"Prepare to fire!" All weapons were ready and prepared to unleash their assault on Godzilla. Tanks aimed their canons out into the ocean. Multiple jets flew over head. But after that, an eerie silence grew among the soldiers as they waited for the large monster to emerge from the water which would surely happen in a few moments.

The water calmly splashed against the beach. The sun shined brightly. The air was hot. A soft breeze blew through the warm air.

Out in the distance, the water slowly rose and three rows of dorsal fins pierced the water. Slowly hurling towards the land. Once they had the command, the military started bombarding Godzilla with their attack. Jets flew over head, dropping bombs on Godzilla's back. But despite all that, Godzilla still continued its current path. Within seconds, Godzilla made landfall at the beach and shot out of the water.

Godzilla let out a loud and triumphant roar.

*5 house later

"Earlier today, Godzilla was spotted heading towards Cuba. Action was taken immediately. But unfortunately, it wasn't enough as Godzilla swept through the area in a matter of minutes. Leaving behind a devastating sight."

Brian watched the screen with crossed arms. Everyone stood around the screen and watched as the camera panned around the devastated area. Murmurs and gasps of shock echoed throughout the crowd.

"Also, we just learned that one of the underground bunkers filled with residents collapsed during the raid. Taking all the lives within it."

Brian cringed at the thought of all those innocent lives being taken. He sighed and shook his head. Everyone broke up into different directions and made their leave. Brian left and went to his locker to grab his things and go for the day. A lot went through his mind on his way over to his locker. If only Mechagodzilla was finished, they could have had it launched. Maybe all those lives wouldn't have been lost. Brian mentally cursed as he shut his locker.

Brian found that he was feeling more down as the days went by. Something that he desperately needed to stop. But it was the hopelessness that Mechagodzilla wouldn't ever be finished that kept bringing him down. And with all the lives lost a few hours ago just made it that much worse to bear.

Brian entered his vehicle and drove off back to his house for the day. On the radio, the news broke out about the attack that happened a few hours prior. Brian shook his head and turned it off to avoid listening to it any second longer. He couldn't imagine his daughter living in this world. How hard it would be for her and how bad it is to handle. If it's already bad enough to handle, he dared to think about how his daughter would have handled it.

Brian arrived at the house and he took the keys out of the ignition. He sighed and stepped out of the car and approached his house. The door opened and Maria stepped out. She offered a condolence smile and hugged him to show that she was there for him. "I assume you heard about what happened?" Maria said. Brian softly muttered, "Yeah..." He felt his wife nod against his shoulder. "It's not your fault." Maria softly told him. "You can't control what happens." She said. Brian just nodded. Maria loosened her arms around him and took his hand. "Come on. Let's go inside." She said and lead her husband into the house and closed the door behind them.

"I made dinner for you." Maria said with a soft smile. Brian returned a small smile and said, "Thanks." Maria lead him over to the table and they both sat down. Once they started eating, Maria locked eyes with her husband. "So. How much more work does Mechagodzilla need done?" She asked. "Hard to say." Brian replied with a sigh. "They keep saying we're almost done. But it just feels like we're nowhere near done." He said. "I'm sure you'll get it done soon." Maria told him calmly. "I hope so." Brian muttered.

Maria laid her hand on top of his on the table. She offered him a smile. "Brian. You're the most talented, hardworking, strong man I know. G-Force made a good choice by recruiting you and Tazz. You'll get it done. I know it." She told him.

Brian smiled at her. "If you so say, Maria." He said. She smiled at him and said, "Now let's eat." "Yes, lets." Brian replied.