Ch. 7: Testified

Three weeks later, a conference was held to announce the recently finished Mechagodzilla. The attendance was very large to see the final product that G-Force came up with. Before the conference began, a large screen was lowered to show a simulation that was made to showcase the Mechagodzilla. Cameras were rolling and the footage was live. This was it. Mechagodzilla was finally ready.

A man stepped on stage and stood in front of the mic. He cleared his throat and began speaking to the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for attending this conference. Today is a very special day for our nation. I am proud to announce that the Mechagodzilla is finally finished."

Loud claps and cheers echoed from the large crowd.

"You will see some of Mechagodzilla's abilities during this conference via simulations created by our team." The large screen turned on and there idly stood Mechagodzilla. "This is the robot that you will see take on Godzilla." The robotic monster had a very similar look to the real life Godzilla.

On the screen, Mechagodzilla's eyes suddenly shined red and its arms shifted upwards to its torso. Mechagodzilla let out a loud mechanical roar. The audience clapped and cheered for the robotic monster in front of them on the screen. Mechagodzilla's tail moved from left to right. It's eyes looked all around its surroundings.

"What you are about to witness is a simulated fight between Mechagodzilla and Godzilla." He left the stage and let the video play.

A roar echoed off screen and it quickly panned to Godzilla approaching Mechagodzilla.

Mechagodzilla turned to Godzilla and clenched its fists and let out a roar. Godzilla roared loudly and charged forward. Mechagodzilla squared up and let out a roar. Godzilla rammed into Mechagodzilla with full force. Mechagodzilla slid back, trying to hold back the large monster. Mechagodzilla rammed its knee upward into Godzilla's jaw and slammed down. Godzilla was stunned and dazed. Mechagodzilla kicked Godzilla and roared.

Mechagodzilla's arms lifted up and its elbows aimed forward. It's fingers went into its hands and out came missiles. A few seconds later, the missiles shot out at Godzilla and exploded on impact. The audience cheered thunderously as Godzilla roared in pain and fell to the ground.

After a few minutes of showing the audience the simulation, the man stepped back on stage. "What you saw is just a handful of techniques and abilities that Mechagodzilla has. With this weapon, we are sure that Godzilla will finally be defeated." The audience clapped. "And with Mechagodzilla done, we can now promise that next time Godzilla appears, Mechagodzilla will be sent out along with the forces of the U.S. military!" The audience clapped again and cheered.

"No more do we have to fear of Godzilla. Because now, Godzilla should be afraid of us!" The audience let out thunderous cheers and claps. "Godzilla will regret ever stepping foot on our land. This is our world! And we will take it back!" The audience stood in ovation and clapped. "G-Force!" The man said and stuck his fist out. On the screen, the G-Force team appeared. "G-Force!" They said and stuck their fists out. The audience continued clapping and cheering for the team.

After the conference ended, Maria sat at home watching the current report on the news about the conference.

"Today, it was announced that Mechagodzilla is finally done and is ready to deploy once Godzilla shows up. Now, all that's left to do is wait for the time to come."

Maria felt warm inside knowing that this could all possibly end soon. Where she and her husband could start over, have a new kid and start a family again. She hoped that someday, she would have a son or daughter that she could hug again and hold them. Or maybe even a son AND a daughter. There were so many possibilities in starting a family and the endless paths it can go.

Brian proudly walked through the door. He looked at his wife and smiled. Maria quickly shot up from the couch and devoured her husband in her arms. "Oh, I'm so proud of you honey." Maria said. Brian chuckled and held his significant other tightly in his grasp. "Thanks, Maria. But it wasn't just me." He said. "Tazz... and many others put their own time into this huge project." Brian found his way to the couch and flopped down. "We spent time away from our families. Kids. Wives. It wasn't an easy job. But now... it's finally done." He said.

Maria sat beside him and wrapped her arm around his shoulder. "And you all deserve a well earned break." She said. "Let's go out tonight." Maria said. "Have dinner at a restaurant like we used to." She added. Brian smiled. "I like the sound of that." He said. Maria smiled at him and pressed a passionate kiss to his lips to show her great affection. The couple pressed their foreheads together and sat in silence. The only noise in the room was the TV.

"You should probably go take a shower." Maria said. "I guess I should." Brian replied with a chuckle. "But only if you join me." He said. Maria grinned and kissed him again and hugged him tightly.

Water shot out of the showerhead. Brian and Maria stepped inside and shut the glass door. Maria wrapped her arms around her husbands neck and brought him close into a intimate kiss. Brian's hands explored his wife's bare back as they kissed. Brian lowered his kisses to Maria's jaw and lower to her neck. Maria let out a gentle, soft moan of pleasure which encouraged her husband to softly bite her.

Maria closed her eyes and moaned again as her husband continued to pleasure her.

After their shower, Brian waited in the bedroom as his wife got changed in the walk-in closet. "You know, we really deserve this." Maria spoke. "It's been too long since we went out." She said. Brian let out a laugh. "Yeah, it's been quite a bit." He said. Maria stepped out and smiled at him. "How do I look?" She asked. Brian smiled and stood up. "You look beautiful." He told her. They met halfway and took each other in their arms. "As always..." Brian softly said and kissed her. "You're looking quite handsome." Maria said as she ran her hand down his chest and to his stomach. Brian winked at her and kissed her softly.

"Let's get going." He said. Maria smiled and nodded. The couple made their way out of the room and walked down the stairs to the front door. Once getting their shoes and coats on, they left the house and approached the car. Once buckled in, Brian drove with his wife to the restaurant to celebrate.