Chapter 29

Author's Note: Hello you lovely people! :D I have read your comments and have made me the happiest person on earth :3 I'm publishing this chapter on Valentine's Day 2019 so happy Valentine's Day to everyone! :) I hope you enjoy this chapter!

If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 29

"We've got one good UMP they've got a thousand. We don't even know if Makarov's intel is any good," said MacTavish frustrated. "Price?... Price?"

"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory. Outgunned. Outnumbered. Out of our minds. On a suicide mission. But the sand and rocks here, stained with thousands of years of warfare... They will remember us. For this. Because out of our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the Earth. With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We. Will. Kill him."

--- --- --- --- ---

Landing at Site Hotel Bravo in Afghanistan, tension started settling in MacTavish's stomach. Allen, Daniels, and Red stayed with Nikolai so that he could transport them somewhere safe. Price knew what he was doing and Soap agreed. It is better to have two soldiers dead rather than five. For Ghost and for Roach. Also, for Charlene, Lainey and above all, Lisa.

After hours of battling with Shadow Company, Soap and Price managed to locate Shepherd. They were covered in sweat and sand coated their gear from head to toe. They managed to get on a Zodiac and were in pursuit of Shepherd on a wide river surrounded with cliffs. Soap tried to block out Lisa from his mind. It is too distracting; he needed to concentrate to take down the bastard.

"How did you know that you would fit in the military?" asked MacTavish.

They were cuddling on Malloy's bed at Fort West. Her head was resting on his chest and he was playing with her hair.

"I didn't," she replied. "I was too determined to graduate from BMT that I didn't even care that the DIs were picking on me because I was the General's daughter. I was blinded by revenge."

"Isn't it exhausting lass? To carry that burden around?"

"How did you feel when Zakhaev killed your mates?"

MacTavish stayed silent and rubbed the back of his head. Malloy raised her head from his chest and glanced back.

"I'm sorry hun, I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok sweetheart," he said, grinning.

"How do you deal with... loss?" she asked as she ran her fingers through his Mohawk.

He gazed into her eyes and felt a bubble rise from his stomach and burst into his chest.

"I think of my loved ones and how I cannot give up for them," he said beaming, but the smile was wiped off of his face. "Though, I do admit, getting over PTSD was not easy."

"It never is..." said Malloy burying her head in his chest.

"Aye, but I was determined to become stronger both physically and mentally. And now, I am near the most beautiful lady in the world. I guess it was worth it."