Chapter 1

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills further as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 1

"We need assistance!" shouted the soldier into his earpiece taking cover behind a low wall to avoid the bullets which were flying at him.

"Captain, this is base. We are doing all we can to find you some backup. With the Marines and the Army dispatched throughout the world after the recent attack, we are spread a bit thin. We will do our best to send someone to assist you."

'Damnit,' he thought. "Guys, we are on our own. Watch your six and try to keep out of the fire."

"Ye, 'cause we were gonna go in the middle of the firefight, Captain," shouted one of the soldiers.

Buildings were exploding and coming down on them and hostiles were coming in fast. If Base doesn't send someone, they were all screwed. The mission was a disaster from the beginning. All they had to do was go to the Italian Embassy in London, get some Intel and get out; but of course, it was too easy for them, something bad just had to happen.

"Captain MacTavish?" he heard in his earpiece. It was a woman's voice.

"Who is this?" he replied while trying to cover his team as best as he could.

"This is Captain Malloy of the Elite Task Force. We understand you requested assistance to proceed to your exfil point?"

"Finally!" shouted MacTavish. "We are the front of the Italian Embassy, hostiles are closing in fast. I do not know if we will be able to them off any longer."

"Do you have any injuries amongst you?"

"Yes, Roach was shot in the leg and is losing a lot of blood. We tried to patch him up with the resources we have. He is not able to walk, we will have to carry him."

"No problem, we have a trained medic with us." After a few seconds passed he heard, "I can see you Captain; we will be there in 60 seconds."

The men looked up in the sky as a helicopter stopped above them and a rope fell down to the ground near them and three soldiers wearing all black, slid down.

As the soldiers approached them, one of MacTavish's men shouted, "You have to be kiddin' me! They only sent three soldiers to help us?!"

"Be grateful soldier that we were able to make it because we were on leave," one of them shouted back.

Their uniforms consisted of a helmet, their faces covered with a black balaclava and transparent protective eyewear. They also wore a jacket with numerous pockets where they stored their ammo, side-arm, and communication devices connected to an earpiece. Their trousers also had pockets and they wore combat boots; usual military gear and all-black, from head to toe.

One of them who had green eyes and showed some pale skin beneath the balaclava approached MacTavish asking, "Where is the injured man?" and he nodded his head in Roach's direction a few feet away from him.

"Fox, take care of it," Mallory said to the soldier who had dark brown almond-shaped eyes and dark skin. "Red! Cover the left flank and I will go down the middle. Base, this is Captain Mallory. We have reached the target; we will start to move up once we have cleared the area, over."

"Roger that Captain. Good luck, Base out."

'A Captain with a Mohawk? So unusual,' thought Mallory. She liked unusual.

MacTavish thought, 'They sent three women to back us up?' He was skeptical about it but right now he would accept any help he could get. Besides, he didn't want to sound sexist, they were soldiers like him and his team. Aiming down her Red Dot Sight, Mallory started clearing out hostiles. 

There were too many of them and they did not look like they were going down at any cost, but her team was trained for this. Their Task Force consisted of the best soldiers from various sectors; Army, Marines, Air Force; you name it. However, they were more than three soldiers when they were sent out on missions but Mallory tried to stay positive.

"Fox, how is he?" she shouted to her teammate who was tending to Roach.

"It's nothing serious, he'll recover."

"Good, 'cause I need you on the right flank to assist the team. Reach, can you handle a gun?"

"I'm a Sergeant ma'am, I think I know how to handle a gun," replied Roach.

Mallory chuckled and said, "It's not what I meant, but you got me."

"Shadow!" Mallory heard in her earpiece.

"What is it Red?" she replied.

"I can see a silver lining. It looks like they're falling back."

"Excellent, let's move up!" Mallory turned to MacTavish, "Captain, how do you think is the best way to proceed?"

"You and your team can cover the left flank and we can cover the right flank. One of my men can carry Roach. Meat, get to it!" shouted to his teammate as Meat ran to assist Roach.

"Roger that," Mallory replied, "you heard the Captain. Let's go!"

Despite the fact that there were only three of them, they managed to come close to the exfil point. 'I shouldn't have judged them so quickly,' thought MacTavish.

"Sir, I can see the exfil point!"

"Very well Scarecrow. I will contact Nikolai. Nikolai can you hear me?" said MacTavish as he heard Fox yell frag out.

"Da, loud and clear my friend!" he replied.

"We are reaching the LZ. E.T.A. ten minutes. Be ready for immediate dust-off. We have three extra members with us. Okay, let's move up!"

As they proceed to the LZ, Meat noticed movement on the roof of a building in front of them. He noticed a soldier holding a rocket launcher over his shoulder aiming at them.

"RPG on the roof, 12 o'clock!" he shouted. Immediately after, the ground shook and something exploded near them sending Mallory and Fox flying and slamming Red in a building.

"What the hell happened?" said Mallory dazed. Fox got up and ran to check on her teammate.

"Red!" shouted Fox. "Can you hear me? Fuck, Red is hit. I repeat, Red is hit!"

"Shit," Mallory muttered under her breath slowly getting up.

"Shadow, she is messed up pretty bad. We've got to get her out of here asap!" said Fox to Mallory while patching Red up.

MacTavish tried to get to them but they were constantly firing and if he tried, he would have ended up full of holes.

"I have a visual on Nikolai!" shouted Scarecrow.

"We'll provide covering fire while Fox and Meat carry both Red and Roach on the helicopter," said MacTavish.

The two captains and the others started firing at the hostiles as the others carried the injured on board.

"GO! GO! GO! GO!" yelled MacTavish. As they lifted off, they could hear bullets spraying the helicopter. Mallory sighed as she thought that they were finally going home.

--- --- --- --- ---

Quick Author's Note: Did you love that chapter!? I hope you did! Show your support for the author by simply clicking the little VOTE button to the bottom left or top right of your screen! Have a wonderful day!

Votes and Comments/Feedback most enthusiastically welcome!