Chapter 28

Author's Note: Here we go guys :D Thank you for your comments. You are so kind :) Enjoy it ;)

If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 28

Ghost, Roach and the others just landed in the Caucasus Mountains, all prepped for a dangerous mission. The location was breath-taking and it would have made the perfect vacation spot if they weren't there to hunt down Makarov.

These mountains, which are considered as the dividing line between Europe and Asia, consist of pine trees which stood tall with numerous oak trees surrounding them filled with luscious green leaves. Most of the soldiers were wearing woodland camouflage, blending perfectly with the local flora. The sound of the grass being trampled by combat boots echoed in the vast forest. Towering cliffs were found on their left with some rocky landscapes merging with the greenery of the forest. But the soldiers were not there to admire the view. They had a task to complete and the sooner they get to it, the sooner they can go home.

Archer and Toad, unrecognizable under their ghillie suits, crouched behind some rocks situated on a ridge overlooking the forest beneath them. They looked through the scope of their M14 Enhanced Battle Rifles after putting the FGM-148 Javelin on the ground near them. They inserted fresh magazines in their M14 and were ready to go.

"Snipers in position," said Archer.

"Strike team go. Engage Makarov on sight," ordered Ghost.

"Roger that," said Scarecrow.

"Solid copy," confirmed Ozone.

"Let's go, let's go!" said Ghost in a hushed and urgent tone.

Roach aimed down his holographic sight on his ACR and surveyed the area. The birds were chirping away creating a peaceful environment. The soldiers were moving up in front of him, Ghost was near him and everything was quiet.

Out of the ground, an s-mine also known as a 'bouncing betty' sprung from the ground triggered by a sensor.

"Ambush!" screamed Ghost with all of his might.

Roach, panicking, hit the ground as fast as he could. He hoped that this would minimize the impact by the exploding shrapnel from the mine. Unfortunately, not all of the soldiers were lucky and he heard screams of pain from his mates. Shell-shocked and with a high-pitched whistling in his ears, he tried to get hold of his weapon.

"Targets! Left side! Left side!"

Grabbing hold of his ACR, Roach glanced over to the left side as told by the lieutenant and noticed RPGs flying over his team. He started shooting and suppressing the enemy.

"They've got this area pre-sighted for mortar fire!" shouted Scarecrow.

"Counterattack into the smoke! Push push push!" ordered Ghost.

The mission went bad quick. On the other hand, they did not expect to enter Makarov's safe house by simply waltzing in. Ghost tried his best to get the situation under control but the enemy was flanking them and they could lose Makarov in this confusion. Out of nowhere, two trucks drove past them and the 141 started shooting them with no results.

"We got two trucks leaving the target building," informed Toad.

"Don't let those trucks get away!"

"Roger; firing Javelin, danger close!" said Archer.

"Javelin, danger close; get back from the road!" yelled Ghost to inform his teammates. "Bloody hell, these trucks are bulletproofed!"