Twenty Three: Why Me?

Your Pov:
I couldn't help but feel slightly depressed when I woke up to my repetitive alarm. The thought of having to move out by the end of the month made me angry, my parents knew that I was drained emotionally already and I didn't even want to look at the. I moved myself to the edge of my bed, slamming my alarm. My eyes opened, 5:50. I groaned and tossed the blanket off of myself angrily, my face was sticky and gross. Great way to start a day Y/N..

I was finally ready for work, which didn't go wrong and I found comfort in that. I excited my bedroom door finding nobody awake so I quickly ran down the stairs, carrying my heels. If anything I wanted to avoid my parents.. It was cold outside, and there was a slight wind that bit me. I unlocked my car and it beeped in reply, the wind increased against me and I shivered trying to open the vehicle door. Finally I got inside and jumped onto the driver's seat victoriously. An "ah" escaped from my mouth and I put the keys in ignition but another problem arose. My car wouldn't start.. I yelled and stuttered frustratingly, "I don't need this!!" I tried starting it again, "Crap!" I tightened my hands on the wheel and let tears slip from my eyes. Why me, why me, why me.. I sat there speechless and dumbfounded, what was going to happen now? I thought of Tord and immeadiantly became embarrassed. He would question me what took so long and even worse probably not pay me for a week. But would he deliver a consequence for telling the truth? I lifted my head off the stirring wheel and grabbed my phone, debating, hestitating, and then made a "swipe the phone decesion". It was time to call Tord. He didn't answer the first time which sent me relief but then delivered tension because I'd have to call him again. I waited fifteen minutes and then grabbed my phone to attempt again but there was no point. Only because he was calling me. "Mr. Larsson.." I began and found myself heating up already. "I'm sorry to be calling you so early.." He sighed through the audio and replied simply, "Yes, yes. It's quite alright Ms. L/N.. May I be of assistance?" I felt myself stop breathing and suck in a breath, all this proper talk made him sound so manly and mature. And the most uncomfortable part is that we addressed one another like we hadn't even talked before. I began once again, "Yes um. Gosh how do I explain this.. My car broke down and I just thought I would let you know I'm running late." There was another awkward pause and he began, "That's horrible and it's snowing too, are you inside the car?" His voice was gentle ans had me stirring inside. "Yes sir, I don't know how I'm going to get to work either but I'm going to figure something out. I'm so sorry.."

"No, no, this is only but an inconvenience. What's your address? I'll send somebody to fetch you."

I gave him my address and hurled my legs against my chest, a pen nicking against paper was heard on the other side. "Alright, well hope you stay safe for now. Goodbye Y/N." I repeated a goodbye and hung up the call. Now the Only thing to do was wait and I had so much thinking to do. First off he was way polite.. This could be sign of attraction right? And then he said fetch somebody.. So sweet. Soon a car pulled up and it took me to surprise that it was Tord's. For a minute I questioned why he didn't send somebody as promised but let go of the thought. I didn't want to step out of the car but I knew I had to approach it, taking risks is a part of life right? Right. Opening the door I stepped out of my car, heels in my hands still and purse in the other. Tord stepped out of the opposite side from where I was standing and opened the passenger door for me, "Rough mornings am I right?" I nodded nervously and agreed with him. He shut the door and I made myself comfortable, slipping my shoes on and looking to the driver's window. He looked back inside at me and stepped into the car, the heat simply making a mist once it entered outside. "I'm sorry if this is a surprise," He paused and licked his lips as he put his hands on the stirring wheel. I shifted looking for a seat belt to buckle, "It's okay sir, thanks for coming to get me." The buckle clipped into place and I turned to him. He wore a grey sweatshirt and plain black jeans and his hair wasn't brushed neatly, very neat for a boss. "Y/N.." He began and seemed to think something through his head. The silence was murderous and I desperately to know. Was he going to say sorry? Was he going to acknowledge the fact he's treating me like a stranger? What, what, what... "I was heading to get breakfast, have you eaten at all?" Okay so this was an unexpected response... But good, very good. I shook my head and looked ahead of myself to avoid the eye contact, "No I haven't." The car moved out of it's parked position, "Alright. Where do you want to go?" I turned back to him and he side looked me, I reddened. This was very unexpected. Why me?

(991 words :3)

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day readers!! (2/14/19) This author loves you guys so much!!❤😍 Also the art above was made by the one and only me!

Also don't be afraid to click that like awesome star button!
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ🌟