Twenty: Better

Your Pov:

I froze in place with the door still open behind me. Tord, Tord was in charge. I should've known this already, I told myself. He sat back in his chair, relaxed and steady seeming. His hair was shorter than before and a lot more calmer too, he appeared more mature to me. This brought me back to reality and I shut the door. "I'm here for an interview." I swallowed hardly as he stood and lended a hand towards me, "There's no need. I know what you're capable of and you're hired." I shook his hand in surprise, "Thank you. When will I get started?" He let go of my hand and put it behind his back, "Tomorrow, 7:30 am." I was truly hurting inside behind this straight expression I wore. He didn't smile or show any kind of emotion, it's like he was somebody else in Tord's body. Or maybe as if I was somebody he just met. "Thank you Red Leader. Is that all?"

"That'll be all Ms. L/N, thank you."

Tord's Pov:

I was shrouded with work all day and the last thing I needed was Patryk informing me that Y/N was willing to become the manager of reports. I honestly didn't expect her to take the offer and neither did Edd, but I guess all of us have to grow somehow. It happened yesterday, when she received the letter and called Patryk and even though I wasn't the one getting an interview I became nervous. I thought back two years, to the hospital and how I told her to go away. My heart hurt the more I thought about it but I had finally convinced myself to move on from the situation. I had to trust the fact that Y/N would be better without me and that in a way she didn't deserve me, she deserved better

As she left I watched her, she walked with such grace in heels and I had to keep telling myself not to smile. She'd grown up so much and I wanted to ask how she was, what she's been doing, but then again she deserved better. Edd, from the corner of my eye, came close to me and soon stood by my side. "You miss her don't you?" I looked to Edd and sighed, shaking my head which was a lie. I turned sharply back into my office, "She's only but a comrade and nothing more." Edd followed me once more and sat in the guest seat provided in front of my desk. He wasn't going to give up, but that was just the stubborn teenage part of him. I groaned and sat back in my chair, "Edd you know as well as I do that I won't have a chance, she doesn't want to be near me simply because she's still hurt from what I did two years back. I saw it in her eyes the moment she walked in and another thing is, everybody knows her from our last romance. She can't really go anywhere in this  building without being known by somebody. Heck, I saw the security guard call her by her last name when she came in. I can't get in her way, I don't want to.. not this time. And she deserves somebody right and honest to go out with." Edd finally took the hint and changed the subject after a few moments of comprehending, I turned my chair around facing the window. It was snowing again.

Third Person View:

Y/N was feeling nervous, knowing that Tord would be observing her every move. She tried her best not to think about him either, but it was so hard. She missed him already and she wished she could tell him how she really felt but she was two years late. The morning was rough for Y/N. Her uniform for working in the office felt skin tight on her and she suffered being uncomfortable in the waist but, what she didn't realize was that it looked perfect on her. On her way out of the house she accidentally spilt her coffee on her lap, she cursed but had to continue on her way. When she walked in she was greeted by Paul and Patryk, who ignored her skirt, but she still felt embarrassed of her appearance. Tord in his office, watched her from the blinds of his window and complimented all her curves silently. He smiled when he saw the coffee stain and let out a small chuckle, "Y/N.. you're too cute sometimes." When she stepped into his office though he pertained his natural appearance, sitting high in his chair. He looked her up and down with a fake confused look, "Ms. L/N, rough morning?" She blushed at his comment and started to sweat, "I- I'm sorry I just--" Tord raised a hand in the hair, his robot one, and she stopped talking. Y/N noticed his robot hand and looked at it in curiosity but changed her focus back to her leader. "I ordered you several, just give me a minute." Tord turned his chair around and rumbled through a cabnit drawer to get her another fitting skirt. He smoothed it out and sighed as he turned around, "Don't let this happen again Ms. L/N. There will be consequences next time." Y/N thanked him but couldn't let go of his gaze, the two stared for only but a moment until Tord asked her if needed anything. She said nothing and shook her head, letting Paul and Patryk escort her to her working spot.

(931 words :3)